Quick Comparison of Gen2 vs Gen3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys / truck was delivered last night and had some time to drive it today before dropping it off for the upgrades.

1. It feels like a totally different truck inside. I got the 37pkg and Had Blue Reacros prior - that is the tip of the ice berg. Truck genuinely feels like a redesign inside. Side mirrors sportier, dash and infotainment upgraded, touch and feel of everything, upper dash, closing the doors - it’s all new. Feels now like I’m in a Range Rover.

2. Smoothness - I know it’s been discussed but man what an upgrade. Again more quiet and refined!!

3. Slow!! It feels sluggish against my tuned truck. That’s only in Normal mode. As soon as I put it in sport and turned the exhaust back to normal it feels like a Gen2 with small tune (like a 91 vs 93 performance tune).
So happy that it felt better - much faster and responsive in sport. They likely made it this way so it feels like sport mode does something!

4. Power lift gate for the win!! Simply amazing and I played with that for a few mins!

5. Wireless charging and car play ! Now we are back to current tech vs old stuff.

Anyone waiting on the Gen3 that’s getting frustrated or not interested because of the delays. Stick it out! This truck is worth the extra coin and is simply awesome.

My kids cried (no bs) when they picked up my Gen2. They loved it so much and had some many great memories in it that even my wife was choked up how it made them feel. I love this brand and all a Raptor can do - especially the way you can explore with the family and feel safe!

Attachments

• B99B65B7-CED7-4898-B2DE-4E7F102DEED9.jpeg
    B99B65B7-CED7-4898-B2DE-4E7F102DEED9.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 189
  • C3F491BD-C2F9-4EA2-AAA2-57236F365399.jpeg
    C3F491BD-C2F9-4EA2-AAA2-57236F365399.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_2384.MOV
    15.4 MB

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good looking truck. The main reason I jumped from my Gen1 to Gen3 was they finally updated the interior. Its so kush. I love it. Have fun with the new rig!

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is being completed next week - I only had it for a day (less than really) and dropped it off to get the modifications done. Personally I can’t drive it without tinted windows and a bed cover on there / I am also so used to negative offset that it needed to be addressed asap.

The shop sent me these:

C5267AAA-CAE6-49C5-A18A-A89060D61E05.jpegC9606AE0-29C4-4AA6-BE29-8CFDC750E208.jpeg488A8AA1-3B21-45D0-9B31-9A8059214170.jpegFC9779FE-9A25-4BE1-8ADB-A2BE5F1B912C.jpeg

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are paying for the increased tech because on the front end of the truck no matter what you do it will never look proportional to what the Gen 2 looks. The Gen 2 doesn't have the active exhaust settings or the updated interiors but it does definitely look better from the front, angels and rear.

Afrankart

Reaction score
You are paying for the increased tech because on the front end of the truck no matter what you do it will never look proportional to what the Gen 2 looks. The Gen 2 doesn't have the active exhaust settings or the updated interiors but it does definitely look better from the front, angels and rear.

I'm having a real hard time making sense of your first sentence.

"You paid more for technology because this truck is ugly"?

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm having a real hard time making sense of your first sentence.

"You paid more for technology because this truck is ugly"?

The technology improvements and interior improvements is all they have done to it. The redesigned front end makes the F150 look small when they added the standard Raptor side flares it doesn't look right. The truck is ugly but if you want to feel good about your decision then that is up to you. The table top shifter stuff is neat, the folding shifter along with vents and large center console is all good. Power generator is awesome feature wise it checks everything you could want. The overall appearance of the front makes it look like a Nissan however and it doesn't look right to me.

Clear now?

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Definitely disagree. While at times I can look at my Gen3 and think a certain front end angle may appear better on my old Avalanche Gen2.. the Gen3 rear looks way better from every angle. I also think the straight on side angle looks better.

This is just like the F80 M3 owners club.. every 2015+ M3 owner despised the G80 redesign.. until it was released. It may not be universally praised, but the hate has almost completely dissipated and once there are more than 500 gen3 Raptors on the road I believe you'll see the same from this club.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The front end looks like an import truck, Nissan or Toyota take your pick.

The rear flairs are not as pronounced and the front end looks quashed.