Questions on WarSurfer's tire and wheel weight threads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I went down and talked to the guy at my local powder coating shop. The guy was a little cocky and looked at me like I was crazy when I started talking about the tempering process of forged wheels. He said he has powder coated thousands of aluminum wheels both cast and forged and has never had a problem. He says he cures them at 400 degrees for 45 minutes and that the reason it is no problem for the forged wheels is because the cure time is so short. Maybe he has a point. My next call was going to be to Centerline but fortunately SilverBolt already took care of that. What does Centerline charge? Did you happen to ask? What about the center caps? This guy wanted $120 per wheel to powder coat them! Seemed kind of spendy but then everything seems a little spendy these days. I would think that letting Centerline take of it would be the best option because I would assume they could take care of the center caps as well. Would keep the warranty intact too.

Pretty sure I am leaning toward the Eight Ball but the Grizzly might look okay too. Tough to envision what they would look like if they were black.

I did not ask Centerline what they charge. The average I have seen is $50/wheel. My local shop is doing it as a freebie. Our company sends a lot of business their direction. I am not going to run center caps so I didn't even look at them. The Vector is the wheel I have coming.