Questions- Help me build my raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy! I have a client that manages a dealership that said he can get me a raptor at msrp. I built one last night, and will include the link. Here's my questions:

-800A standard vs 801A high: For a 6500 increase I am not compelled at all, am I missing something? Is the interior infotainment screen the same size for both?
-Tailgate step- I would like to have the step, but when I add that option it wants to charge me a gazillion dollars for a package
-I'm assuming I would be ordering a 2022, but can only build a 21 on the website. Is there going to be a price difference? I am going with AMB so think I'm good with the color being available.
- B&O sound upgrade- any chance I can pay for better sound without the high pkg? If not, I guess I'll just add a sub.
- Any tips- I read about the auto stop/start delete on here and will for sure do that. Anything else?

My current build: https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/?g...|800A.W1R..HX...RAP.CCAB.60P.RETAIL.763.SS5.]

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I'd go 800a without the step. I would get the Torsen if they haven't bundled it with something too useless and expensive the way they did with the step. I have a step now and wish I did not. I would pay money to delete it. Applique same same. But I'm in the minority by a wide margin. The fewer options you buy, the higher resale will be as a percentage of purchase price. And the 800a is so loaded that the lux package is just more stuff to fail.

OP
OP
TXAG

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I am able to add the torsen with foglights for 800 bucks so will go ahead and do that.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I absolutely wanted the 801a after I saw everything it included. I thought it was a really good price after adding everything up and comparing it to add ons with the 800a. There are posts on here showing that and everything you get in addition. Granted, some things you won’t use. I ordered mine as dealer stock. All I wanted was the 801a with nothing else. When my dealer configured the order he related that he couldn’t without the power tech package being added (step, power tailgate, generator). He said the computer wouldn’t allow him to enter it without the power tech. Couldn’t figure out why???? So I got it with the power tech. I have no use for the generator. The power tailgate is a nice gimmick. However, I love the step. I’d definitely be kicking myself for not having it. Not sure what it’s bundled with on the 22’s, but if it’s cheap enough I’d say get it. That’s my thoughts. The truck is incredible no matter how you outfit it.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy! I have a client that manages a dealership that said he can get me a raptor at msrp. I built one last night, and will include the link. Here's my questions:

-800A standard vs 801A high: For a 6500 increase I am not compelled at all, am I missing something? Is the interior infotainment screen the same size for both?
-Tailgate step- I would like to have the step, but when I add that option it wants to charge me a gazillion dollars for a package
-I'm assuming I would be ordering a 2022, but can only build a 21 on the website. Is there going to be a price difference? I am going with AMB so think I'm good with the color being available.
- B&O sound upgrade- any chance I can pay for better sound without the high pkg? If not, I guess I'll just add a sub.
- Any tips- I read about the auto stop/start delete on here and will for sure do that. Anything else?

My current build: https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/?gnav=header-trucks-bp#/config/Config[|Ford|F-150|2021|1|1.|800A.W1R..HX...RAP.CCAB.60P.RETAIL.763.SS5.]
I would add torsen, also I hate to break it to you but now for 2022 they bundle "convenience package" which is overpriced with Tow Tech (which is needed for the 360 camera). that is what made me switch to 801a as it made the price difference around $3700.....that said I would be just as happy if not happier with 800a with Torsen($695) and Convenience ($1690) for 2022.....I would maybe debate going without convenience but the 360 camera is nice on a big truck and for Offroad.....Torsen seems like a no-brainer as it gives you fog lights which alone are around $700 for parts aftermarket....the torsen diff is awesome (IMO better than a locker) and would cost more than $700 to add on its own

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason youd want fully loaded or a higher tier package is if you ever plan on selling the truck. Of course you will be paying for the higher tier. Just something to keep in mind.
At the very least, get a front torsen diff.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the 801a. No reason to nickel and dime an $80k truck. Only thing I personally would not get is a sunroof, but that’s because I can’t stand sunroofs, nothing to do with its cost.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would add torsen, also I hate to break it to you but now for 2022 they bundle "convenience package" which is overpriced with Tow Tech (which is needed for the 360 camera). that is what made me switch to 801a as it made the price difference around $3700.....that said I would be just as happy if not happier with 800a with Torsen($695) and Convenience ($1690) for 2022.....I would maybe debate going without convenience but the 360 camera is nice on a big truck and for Offroad.....Torsen seems like a no-brainer as it gives you fog lights which alone are around $700 for parts aftermarket....the torsen diff is awesome (IMO better than a locker) and would cost more than $700 to add on its own
Yea so with my 21 I got the 800a but realized after I add convenience torsen and trailer package high is only a couple thousand more. Will probably get the 801 next so the kids can have heated seats in the back

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the 801a. No reason to nickel and dime an $80k truck. Only thing I personally would not get is a sunroof, but that’s because I can’t stand sunroofs, nothing to do with its cost.
So I ordered a 2021 without the sunroof, my thought was same as yours. Ford never built my order,, so I bought one off the lot, it had a sunroof, I have to admit it is nice, I am glad to have it now. You might want to look at one at a dealer just to see.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ordered a 2021 without the sunroof, my thought was same as yours. Ford never built my order,, so I bought one off the lot, it had a sunroof, I have to admit it is nice, I am glad to have it now. You might want to look at one at a dealer just to see.
I got my Gen 2 from dealer stock, so it was loaded with a sunroof. If/when I order a truck (likely a TRX if I can be honest) it will be fully loaded, minus sunroof. A combo that’s a unicorn on dealer lots.