QuestionS for those running stock tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tango_9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first set of KO2s were on my gen 1 and I did not rotate every 5k and they scalped bad, they still had 8/32 on 2 of them when I replaced them with 40k on them and replaced with the same tire. This set lasted 50k with scheduled rotation but at around 35k wet roads were very slick and I replaced due to safety, not tread depth. I really like the KO2 but once wet road performance is comprised just replace them.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in the PNW with rain and wet roads 6 mo a year. Drove the stock KO's aprox 50,000, and replaced with Duratracs. Big difference. Stock KO2's on a raptor totally suck if you drive much in the rain.

My experience exactly. I find the Duratracs work better up in the muddy/snowy mountains around here too.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The older I get, the lower my tolerance for that stuff. How did we ever make it before traction control and abs?

Simple, by using caution when there are no nannie electronics to save you from being stupid.

The question should be, how did we survive by doing all the dumb things we did as teenagers? Because that’s when the overwhelming majority of stupid decisions are made (by males).

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can get a good answer on this forum. Most opinions are useless. Bad driving, wrong tire pressure, different use cases and just general ignorance combined with bias and hype means you will have a hard time getting a decent opinion. For me I think the KO2 has been great for my needs. I do a little everything...tow, overland, baja, daily drive in all weather conditions. Only been 2 years with the truck, covid has limited the daily driving to almost nothing so most miles are overland and baja type stuff. I'm at 15k and the tread is at 11/32 and new they were 15/32. I rotate every 5k.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can get a good answer on this forum. Most opinions are useless. Bad driving, wrong tire pressure, different use cases and just general ignorance combined with bias and hype
Which category do you fall into?

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to add to this discussion with a highly unscientific/anecdotal observation, my truck has been at the dealer this week, and I got a 2020 F150 XLT as a loaner, with Michelins on it. It rained pretty hard here off and on yesterday, so I tried to flog it a little/break the rears loose. Now, I know there's a huge difference between the Raptor and this base XLT in terms of HP, etc., but it was much harder to break the rears loose in the wet on the XLT/Michelins than with the Raptor/KO2s.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
ow, I know there's a huge difference between the Raptor and this base XLT in terms of HP, etc., but it was much harder to break the rears loose in the wet on the XLT/Michelins than with the Raptor/KO2s.

you also don’t have the steep gears from the Rap here. Plus, you’re comparing relatively newer, different brand and type of tires to shagged, tired or used KO2 Raptor tires. Not really a fair comparison.