Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

QuestionS for those running stock tires

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Quaesta, Oct 25, 2020.

1. rtmozingo

rtmozingo FRF Addict

when my wife commented they were bad in the rain I knew they were bad in the rain.

Laughably, my much more aggressive Coopers are a bit better in the rain and MUCH better in all other conditions (off and on road). And unlike the K02s, the ST Maxx actually hold up to offroad use.

2. atombombmx

atombombmx Member

20,000 miles, shocks lasted half of that. Been running BFG KM3's for the past 25k and they have been impressive.

3. Quaesta

Quaesta Full Access Member

Damn not want I wanted to hear. I got rid of my stock set up before I knew how they drove in the rain and was thinking a out going back. I currently have the Ridge Grapplers but I can’t stand them in the rain. I also was hoping to get The lighter higher speed rating benefits from the KO2s.

So I guess that begs the question what other options do we have for a light weight, high speed rating tire that can actually grip the road in the rain?

4. P4mnceBlue82

P4mnceBlue82 Full Access Member

I agree 100% with this

5. f150jack

f150jack Full Access Member

Oem tires 33k miles might get upto 37-38k miles but i won't have them that long. Terrible in rain, decent off road. Will have them for couple more months then going with Toyota at3's

6. jabroni619

jabroni619 FRF Addict

I replaced mine around 32K. Still had some tread life left in them but they were cupping pretty bad causing excessive road noise. I feel like they handled the rain just fine.

7. 340

340 Member

43,000 miles on mine. Only issue I have is picking up rocks on gravel roads.

Next tire Toyo RT 6pyl 112 speed rating

8. Sonicsunspot

Sonicsunspot FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Ran OEM K02s to 37k. They got crazy loud, probably could have gone another 7k but winter driving was getting scary. Swapped for Ridge Grapplers and love them. I am not sure why a couple of comments were critical of them as a rain tire. They have been great for me.

9. GCATX

GCATX FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

OEM's do suck in heavy rains. I have to slow down to avoid hydroplaning in places I never have before. I have adjusted my driving accordingly, and yes I click it in 4a if it's more than a mist. The rear does step out at speed if you get on the go pedal to pass. 1 time scared me pretty good around 60 mph, lesson learned! Even on dry pavement, the rear will get slightly floatey at highway speed if it hits the gears just right. I kind of like that though.

The older I get, the lower my tolerance for that stuff. How did we ever make it before traction control and abs?

GordoJay and CobraJay like this.
  10. CobraJay

CobraJay Full Access Member

I couldnt agree more, for me I started caring more about that stuff once I had to haul a kiddo around. Changed my life.