Questions, Comments, and Concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. ASS - I don’t like it. Plus, I haven’t noticed any significant gas consumption.
I disabled it with Cobb AP and could have done it with Forscan.

6. Take the glovebox door off and ensure that it’s on the hinges correctly. It worked for mine.
Perhaps yours was installed at the lunch buzzer lol

7. Could be a cold serpentine belt. I also get a clicking on a cold start-it’s condensation sputtering out the crossover exhaust.

Worse could be the wastegate rattle that some are experiencing.

You got some good answers. Maybe a visit to the dealer to take care of the windshield leak. Apparently that’s because of missing sealant on the glass. I read somewhere that the robots couldn’t get in that tight spot.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. ASS - I don't mind it. If it's a long light, I just save the idling wear and fuel. If it's about to change, I let the truck roll forward about 8" and it doesn't kick in and keeps idling. Easier to do than hitting the button. If it is stop and go traffic, I just hit the button. On balance, I like it more than I don't. I don't know if I need to, but when I restart after the stop, I let the engine spin for a half beat before gassing it. I rarely hold up traffic, so if someone needs to wait a split second behind me they can get over it pretty quick.

2. I run roughly 37F, 36R psi. Lower in cold-wet/frozen/offroad. Bone straight tracking. I rotate the tires every 5k.

3. I like the BLIS. So far it's been really good.

4. So far, other than the lame exhaust, the EB has been great.

5. I find these windshields are soft/weak/thin. They stone chip really easy. I might go the gorilla glass when I get mine done.. will see. So far, I've just fixed the chips and its good enough. I don't know about the leak other than there are other reason for moisture such as pano roof drains etc.

6. Glovebox design was done on someone's day off. Super lame.

So I’ve had my truck since August and it has roughly 2300 miles on it now. Its easily the nicest and most technologically advanced vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’ve got some questions, comments, and concerns I want to see if we can get a consensus on.

1. Auto Start/Stop: Am I crazy for thinking this can’t be great for the longevity of internal parts? Seems to me that interrupting the flow of oil every so often is a recipe for disaster, especially at a stop light when I’m going to be taching it up soon after.

2. Truck Wanders: It feels like the truck wanders about at highway speed. I feel like I’m constantly correcting the steering to keep it in its lane.

3. BLIS: Is a overly complicated, useless, feature. You know what else can monitor my blind spot? Me, with a well implemented spot mirror integrated into the mirror. Why can’t we have mini-tow mirrors like the Tundra and Titan with a spot mirror on the bottom?

4. The EcoBoost: While the exhaust note needed time to grow on me, the performance was appreciated right away. With the exception of Normal mode’s dulled out accelerator response, this motor feels like driving a big block with its torque response and pick up, but with none of the negatives. It’s not the first FI motor I’ve owned, but it is the best. Plus, if I’m sitting and idling for the HVAC, it’s a guilt free experience knowing I’m not burning fuel powering 5+ liters.

5. The Windshield: I recently discovered an internal leak on Christmas Day when the temperatures were below 30, on the left middle top side. Is that a common issue? I have an appointment with my dealer. He says they have a vendor who does windshields outside. Will it be warm enough in NE Ohio in January to properly seal a windshield? WTH are they using to seal windshields with anyway these days.

6. The Glovebox: Its been misaligned from day one. I took all the stuff out and no joy. Common?

7. Clicking/Slipping Noise: I’ve got a sound coming from underneath the truck by the driver’s door side that sounds almost like a serp belt slipping or something clicking. It’s intermittent, usually at idle on a cold or long sit start, and goes away with RPM. Any ideas?

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. As others have stated. Not a concern. Well designed and easily turned off.

2. No idea what you are talking about. I run 38psi on all 4 when on the street and it's rock solid. Might be a preference thing.

3. BLIS is an amazing feature especially if your towing anything. Auto adjusting to trailer length is a solid feature.

4. I agree. ECB 3.5 TT is an awesome piece of engineering.

5. Never had a windshield issue

6. Glovebox has always been perfect.

7. Never had a clicking/slipping sound or issue.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I’ve had my truck since August and it has roughly 2300 miles on it now. Its easily the nicest and most technologically advanced vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’ve got some questions, comments, and concerns I want to see if we can get a consensus on.

1. Auto Start/Stop: Am I crazy for thinking this can’t be great for the longevity of internal parts? Seems to me that interrupting the flow of oil every so often is a recipe for disaster, especially at a stop light when I’m going to be taching it up soon after.

2. Truck Wanders: It feels like the truck wanders about at highway speed. I feel like I’m constantly correcting the steering to keep it in its lane.

3. BLIS: Is a overly complicated, useless, feature. You know what else can monitor my blind spot? Me, with a well implemented spot mirror integrated into the mirror. Why can’t we have mini-tow mirrors like the Tundra and Titan with a spot mirror on the bottom?

4. The EcoBoost: While the exhaust note needed time to grow on me, the performance was appreciated right away. With the exception of Normal mode’s dulled out accelerator response, this motor feels like driving a big block with its torque response and pick up, but with none of the negatives. It’s not the first FI motor I’ve owned, but it is the best. Plus, if I’m sitting and idling for the HVAC, it’s a guilt free experience knowing I’m not burning fuel powering 5+ liters.

5. The Windshield: I recently discovered an internal leak on Christmas Day when the temperatures were below 30, on the left middle top side. Is that a common issue? I have an appointment with my dealer. He says they have a vendor who does windshields outside. Will it be warm enough in NE Ohio in January to properly seal a windshield? WTH are they using to seal windshields with anyway these days.

6. The Glovebox: Its been misaligned from day one. I took all the stuff out and no joy. Common?

7. Clicking/Slipping Noise: I’ve got a sound coming from underneath the truck by the driver’s door side that sounds almost like a serp belt slipping or something clicking. It’s intermittent, usually at idle on a cold or long sit start, and goes away with RPM. Any ideas?

1. they over built the parts to account for all your concerns. it does save gas. but all that said....my tune turned this off in my truck.

2. it is a 4x4 meant to soak up bumps at speed, so it is going to be a little soft. but mine goes where it is pointed and i can drive with a pinky at 80mph. you may have an issue.

3. nope...love it. when you get used to it, it is great and works very well with checking your mirrors

4. great motor, great exhaust sound. i have zero complaints

5. meh...dont worry at all about leak being fixed outside.

6. should easily be adjusted out

7. waste gate rattle...common.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. I usually just turn the AS/S off. I will turn it on in construction or bumper to bumper areas.

2. I run 40F/38R. The truck feels very solid. The suspension is softer than my F150 Lariat but the raptor doesn't wander at all. It doesn't pull to either side in any 4x4 mode either.

3. BLIS I like this. I broke my neck and it's partially fused so this helps me a lot.

4. I like the motor. The stock exhaust sounds pretty good.

5. My windshield is good. No leaks.

6. My glovebox is fine. Some seem to have packing materials left in them. Others get misaligned when people do cabin filter changes.

7. I really don't hear anything unusual.

OP
OP
M

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My big concern about ASS is not so much that the starter will wear out, but rather the intermittent lack of oil pressure it causes, along with the fact that it shuts the truck off at a light, and you immediately get it on shortly after. That doesn’t seem great for every component in the engine that requires oil pressure and lubrication.

I’m worried about that windshield sealing. Its supposed to be a high of 40 on Monday. @FordTechOne, got any insights on how they reseal a windshield?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you’re worried about longevity, buy the extended warranty for peace of mind.

Warranty doesn't give you peace of mind if your concern is whether Ford can fix it in a reasonable amount of time. My big fear is that I'll have to take it to a Ford dealer to have it fixed. Seriously. It would sure be nice if Ford would certify a few independent shops to do warranty work. But the point is valid. There's no way I'm keeping mine past the end of the warranty period. The complexity is very high, making failure more likely, and the cost to repair is also very high. The added complexity may require visiting the Ford dealer where you're likely to be serviced in the agricultural sense. That's not a good combination.