Questions, Comments, and Concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Warranty doesn't give you peace of mind if your concern is whether Ford can fix it in a reasonable amount of time. My big fear is that I'll have to take it to a Ford dealer to have it fixed. Seriously. It would sure be nice if Ford would certify a few independent shops to do warranty work. But the point is valid. There's no way I'm keeping mine past the end of the warranty period. The complexity is very high, making failure more likely, and the cost to repair is also very high. The added complexity may require visiting the Ford dealer where you're likely to be serviced in the agricultural sense. That's not a good combination.

To each, there own. The technology is a good reason in itself to pay ~$1500 for extended warranty and add enhanced rental coverage. I would much rather have Ford techs working on my truck than some independent shop. One repair, that warranty pays for itself essentially.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To each, there own. The technology is a good reason in itself to pay ~$1500 for extended warranty and add enhanced rental coverage. I would much rather have Ford techs working on my truck than some independent shop. One repair, that warranty pays for itself essentially.

My experience is that the techs are fine, it's the rest of the Service Department that are borderline criminals.