Questions, Comments, and Concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’ve had my truck since August and it has roughly 2300 miles on it now. Its easily the nicest and most technologically advanced vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’ve got some questions, comments, and concerns I want to see if we can get a consensus on.

1. Auto Start/Stop: Am I crazy for thinking this can’t be great for the longevity of internal parts? Seems to me that interrupting the flow of oil every so often is a recipe for disaster, especially at a stop light when I’m going to be taching it up soon after.

2. Truck Wanders: It feels like the truck wanders about at highway speed. I feel like I’m constantly correcting the steering to keep it in its lane.

3. BLIS: Is a overly complicated, useless, feature. You know what else can monitor my blind spot? Me, with a well implemented spot mirror integrated into the mirror. Why can’t we have mini-tow mirrors like the Tundra and Titan with a spot mirror on the bottom?

4. The EcoBoost: While the exhaust note needed time to grow on me, the performance was appreciated right away. With the exception of Normal mode’s dulled out accelerator response, this motor feels like driving a big block with its torque response and pick up, but with none of the negatives. It’s not the first FI motor I’ve owned, but it is the best. Plus, if I’m sitting and idling for the HVAC, it’s a guilt free experience knowing I’m not burning fuel powering 5+ liters.

5. The Windshield: I recently discovered an internal leak on Christmas Day when the temperatures were below 30, on the left middle top side. Is that a common issue? I have an appointment with my dealer. He says they have a vendor who does windshields outside. Will it be warm enough in NE Ohio in January to properly seal a windshield? WTH are they using to seal windshields with anyway these days.

6. The Glovebox: Its been misaligned from day one. I took all the stuff out and no joy. Common?

7. Clicking/Slipping Noise: I’ve got a sound coming from underneath the truck by the driver’s door side that sounds almost like a serp belt slipping or something clicking. It’s intermittent, usually at idle on a cold or long sit start, and goes away with RPM. Any ideas?

TrewRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Agree this has always been a concern for me but it's the only way ford could likely stay compliant with MPG guide lines.
2. Whats your tire pressure at ? factory I've seen as high as 45lbs. if it drop the pressure to at least 38lb or lower.
4. I love this Engine. I have a Cobb CAI, FMIC, and stage 2 paired with a Borla S-Type Catback.
6. Same with mine, the interior is really the only somewhat dislike for me about the raptor its really dated for a 2020.

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mr. Pinky, great write up. In regards to it (in my opinion after less than 10k miles):

1. I like this feature. I know some may be in the camp of not giving a snout about MPG, gas, etc. but I don’t particularly care to spend money when I don’t have to. My driving is mixed with highway and city, and sitting at some very long traffic lights (~2 mins) I don’t mind saving some gas! In reference to longevity, it’s crossed my mind. But this technology has existed for over a decade, I trust it. Check back in 50k miles lol

2. Not normal. Maybe driving in 4a sometimes under load it will pull slightly left(?)

3. I disagree, but that’s perfectly ok! This is the largest personal vehicle I’ve driven, so I don’t mind a little extra help monitoring crossing traffic when backing up, but I don’t use it as a crutch when changing lanes.

4. Love the engine so far as well! Previously came from an N/A Hemi, so I was worried about the sound. Ended up slapping on a Corsa Sport Catback and I’m pleased so far.

5. No issues for me yet on that front

6. Same as above but is it not an easy fix to reset it?

7. Only sounds I have so far as a whine (presumably “characteristic” of the 10R80 transmission) and a fun new rattle when under boost in 2H. Going to replace a part noted by others here in reference to the 4WD Vacuum Hose

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
1. I agree and hate myself when I forget to turn it off and my engine is killed at a stoplight.

6. Had the same issue with my glovebox (wouldnt close unless slammed, uneven gaps when shut), 2 new glove boxes from the dealer and the problem was never resolved. I removed the left rubber bumper and my glovebox shuts and aligns correctly now.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. ASS operates off a small motor in the transmission that uses the transmission to restart the engine from idle. It has no effect on the longevity of the motor. Ford/GM invested a ton of money on the 10R80, with their combined market share do you think they would intentionally create a feature that would grenade nearly every truck sold in America the last 10 years. It's easy enough to turn off or eliminate with a tuner, ASS eliminator or Forscan. Fun fact: if you're idling for longer than 7 seconds ASS saves you fuel. Shorter than 7 seconds and you should leave it running.

2. Same. I keep my tire pressure around 32F 34R cold and the truck like to meander. I chalk it up to terrible aerodynamics.

3. BLIS is actually my favorite feature on the truck. It has already saved me from two accidents and I really trust the system now. On two separate occasions I've had people not paying attention while I'm halfway backed out of a stall and they floor it to "shoot the gap" like they're Luke making a deathstar run without a targeting computer. Truck goes into freak out mode and saves my bumper. Totally worth the option and I wouldn't buy another vehicle without a similar feature. Little orange dots on the mirrors don't bother me but it is nice to be able to tell when it's safe to pull back into the right lane after passing.

4. Try it tuned. I absolutely love this engine tuned and I'm never want for power. The ecoboost gets a lot of shit for what it lacks but what it gives in return is very impressive and a lot of fun IMO.

6. Same. I've seen posts about this issue. Apparently there's a small bit of foam in there that wasn't removed before/during/after delivery. I used a bit of elbow grease and mine has settled straight.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. I put an ASS Eliminator in. On the rare time I'm stuck in city traffic, I'll turn it back on.

2. I'm running 36F, 32R, truck is arrow straight running at all times.

3. I like the BLIS, especially now and then when I need to back out on a street with poor sight lines, it seems to work well.

4. I love the engine, very happy with it.

5. The windshield is put in with a heated urethane. Bad idea to have someone **** around in the cold with it. CAN you do it? Yes. SHOULD you do it? No. It should be in a warm shop for the better part of a day to cure, when it's cold out.

6. & 7. Mine has been fine on both counts.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
1. Auto Start/Stop: Am I crazy for thinking this can’t be great for the longevity of internal parts? Seems to me that interrupting the flow of oil every so often is a recipe for disaster, especially at a stop light when I’m going to be taching it up soon after.

I too shared this concern; example. You’e queueing up to turn on to a high speed divided highway. engine stops each time you come to a stop for the cars in front of you. Finally it’s your turn and you get to the middle of the highway and have to stop, but then you have to go RIGHT now. But darnit, the truck just stopped, now it has to restart and you need to go WFO. That happened to me exactly once and I began planning the shut off button. Eventually I had to suppress AS/S for the sake of my stereo amps.

2. Truck Wanders: It feels like the truck wanders about at highway speed. I feel like I’m constantly correcting the steering to keep it in its lane.

Tire PSI?

3. BLIS: Is a overly complicated, useless, feature. You know what else can monitor my blind spot? Me, with a well implemented spot mirror integrated into the mirror. Why can’t we have mini-tow mirrors like the Tundra and Titan with a spot mirror on the bottom?

That’s true.

Until it’s not.

Just like machines, people can fail. BLIS isn’t perfect but it’s better than nothing.

6. The Glovebox: Its been misaligned from day one. I took all the stuff out and no joy. Common?

You’re not the only one to report this.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Auto Start/Stop: Well established feature in many vehicles. It's made for it and won't harm the vehicle. With that said I HATE it. For my first 15k miles I made a habit of disabling it with the button every time I started the truck. After that I did a COBB off the shelf tune which comes with a disabling option for start/stop.

2. Truck Wanders: Probably depends what you compare it to. 315 section tires are going to follow road features some and it's a big vehicle that can catch wind gusts. I don't find it problematic and when I'm on the highway I also lean heavily on the lane keep feature (if you have it) which I LOVE. It's subtle with no audio feedback.

3. BLIS: It's a passive feature on pretty much every new car. I don't think it's much of a value add but it also doesn't really hurt. The Raptor isn't a towing-centric truck and I'm glad they didn't do towing mirrors.

4. The EcoBoost: It has grown on me a lot and it seems the common consensus is that most former V8 guys have been won over. I did the Corsa X-Pipe resonator delete which gave it some more volume and gets compliments.

5. Windshield: Haven't heard of that issue. You're under warranty and I'm sure they'll figure it out.

6. Glovebox: Mine is also misaligned in my 2018. I don't like making excuses for a $75k truck but it is a Ford with a number of standard F-150 parts.

7. Clicking/Slipping: Doesn't sound familiar to me. You have very few miles on. I'd wait for your first oil change around 5k and if it's still happening mention it to the dealer.