Question regarding DORA Priority Order Number 2023 37 Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 37 Package Rapid Red on 9/02/22 from my longtime dealer who had a allocation. On the following Monday I got the message from Ford that they had received my order. DORA provided by dealer showed me Priority 10. I decided over the weekend that I would prefer the 37 Graphics package after all as I saw my first one in person and decided to change from the delete option.

I called my dealer today to change the order they said no problem, we will modify the order since we haven't received a VIN yet. Dealer calls me about ten minutes later and says are you SURE you want to change the order? I said why are you asking me that way and she told me that when they were going in to modify my order it was now classified as a Priority One. She doesn't know why it changed but she said she was afraid if she changed the order it may bump the status back to 10. She went on to tell me that none of the vehicles they currently have on order is a Priority One and it likely will get built quicker with that status. I decided to let the universe be in charge and elected not to change the order. I could always add the graphics later if I couldn't live without them. I asked for an updated copy of my DORA and sure enough it says Priority One.

Does anyone know if this is a significant detail or ow it may effect my delivery?

Thanks for any and all input.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO NOT MODIFY THIS ORDER! IF YOU DO YOU WILL REGRET THE LONGER WAIT. JUST ADD GRAPHICS LATER

OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You, I agree with all the comments and am going to leave the order alone. The dealer has no idea why my priority changed but I am going to take that gift!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The priority code determines when your truck gets built among the other trucks your dealer submitted. Priority 1, assigned by Ford, pretty much means you’re at the front of the line to get built. Priority codes have nothing to do with delivery…unless you look at it as the sooner it’s built, the sooner it gets delivered. Delivery is a whole nother, yes “nother”, animal!

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You, I agree with all the comments and am going to leave the order alone. The dealer has no idea why my priority changed but I am going to take that gift!
Because ford performance vehicles are manually scheduled, as i understand it, when an allocation is granted the area rep flips the chosen truck (by the dealer) to priority 1.

There is no commodity hold on the decals as far as we know. I would tell your dealer rep to chat with whomever (higher up than he/she) deals with ford on performance vehicle allocations and add it back. the area rep will tell them if that will affect the build. Perf vehicles do not just magically get scheduled according to dealer assigned priority codes like regular vehicles. the area rep should be asking the dealer which one they want to pull. Unless it is scheduled (vin) there should be no penalty for this change.

Last edited: