Question on the SoftPaks

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Hello @BisonCoolers.com

I recently purchased a 24 and 12 can SoftPak. I ended up giving the 24 one away as a gift and kept the 12 can one for myself.

In your marketing you appear to compare your products to Yeti. I've always wanted to get a Yeti but never liked the prices until I found your product. When I was ordering the SoftPak, I asked the reseller if the SoftPak would leak if tipped over. I was told no.

After I got them, I tested if it would leak as the zipper doesn't appear that it would hold back water once I was able to see it. It leaks like a open strainer! Since you compare your product to Yeti and I assume the softpaks are competing against the Yeti Hopper which are LEAK PROOF, I am very disappointing to say the least.

So my question is will you be designing a softpak with a different zipper design so these are leak proof? Or do you have something else in the works?

Even though your marketing states that Bison is "an investment that you won't regret", I have to be honest, I somewhat regret buying these SoftPaks. I did purchase one of your Ice Chest and I am very happy with that product and do not regret it.

Please don't take this post negatively, I am looking for you guys to make a much needed improvement to an already existing great product.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Following. I had picked up an AO soft cooler for my jetski a while back and while it does the job of keeping things cool I noticed it leaked when it god full of ice water. Which is fine on the Jetski but I have wanted to pick up a softcooler for inside the truck but the leaking has stopped me. Would love to find one that really does not leak.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Following also. I was just getting ready to order a softpak for inside the truck also but I'd like it to be watertight also. Interested in seeing if there any changes coming to them. I'm assuming if you use the cold packs instead of ice there shouldn't be an issue but I'm going to wait for an update before making a decision.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Jeremy responded to me via a PM. He basically said that to make them leak proof would add at least $100 to them and very limited suppliers have leak proof zippers.

I told him he should try and test the market with a leak proof softpak and I would pay $179 for the 12 can and $229 for the 24 and think others would too. The yeti hopper is $299.

He did offer to take it back or provide those ice packs so you don't have to use ice. My only dilemma with that is when I am traveling I don't always have access to a freezer to refreeze those.

Still waiting on his response.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ziploc bags are not the point. If something is marketed as leak proof, it needs to be leak proof and not because I put my ice in Ziploc bags.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Ziploc bags are not the point. If something is marketed as leak proof, it needs to be leak proof and not because I put my ice in Ziploc bags.

Actually look at their website, no where does it say its leak proof. Even Jeremy said it is no where near leak proof. There is absolutely no false advertising going on. The reseller is the one that told me that. And to be honest, he is a friend and he just got started with Bison and I believe he honestly thought they were leak proof. He knows now.

I wanted one that doesn't leak. There is nothing wrong with the softpaks, they are great just has this one shortcoming.

I was hoping that Bison sees the need for this feature and comes out with one that is leak proof at a different price point. They are competing with Yeti and the other guys out there so it would be good to make something not just as good but better and with more innovation.