Question on stereo/sync system??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do you need a waterproof USB? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

You should maybe pull out every now and then.
No IDEA!! I was surprised when I saw that was a feature. Maybe in case you forget it's in your pocket and throw it in the wash? I like it because it's so tiny, it's only about a 1/2 X 3/4".

I've always hated pulling out!

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I definitely feel inadequate if you think 3 feet 4 inches is tiny.

I hadn't even thought of listening to music from a USB. Then again, I haven't loaded music onto a USB for at least 10 years.

Streaming services doesn't play some of the obscure stuff I like, so a USB is useful for that. I can't say I do or do not have Oldfart's issues, specifically with Sync/USB, because I have an aftermarket system and don't use sync like that.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I definitely feel inadequate if you think 3 feet 4 inches is tiny.

I hadn't even thought of listening to music from a USB. Then again, I haven't loaded music onto a USB for at least 10 years.
yes 3 foot is a pretty big USB! :Big Laugh: The sound quality is MUCH better if you record a CD in WAV lossless format to a USB. I have 160 cd's on it and lots of room left. It's a noticeable difference in sound quality.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought I would post the solution I found in case anyone else runs into this. I ended up deleting/resetting the "Media index" in the Sync system and afterwards it hasn't acted up anymore. It only takes 2 minutes once you know that's the issue. This is the same fix if you add new music to the USB, Sync will not recognize it unless you reset the media index.