Question on stereo/sync system??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just recently my stereo started getting goofy. 99% of the time I listen to my USB drive. The last few days every time I start it, it has switched to Syrius. I've done the reset 3 or 4 times now and it hasn't changed anything. Since I owned it, 2020, this has happened a few times, but it would always be good for a few months at least if I did the reset. Any ideas?

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if you are losing your signal. When I drive up that way, there are places where I lose my Bluetooth. Sorry I can't be any more helpful.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just recently my stereo started getting goofy. 99% of the time I listen to my USB drive. The last few days every time I start it, it has switched to Syrius. I've done the reset 3 or 4 times now and it hasn't changed anything. Since I owned it, 2020, this has happened a few times, but it would always be good for a few months at least if I did the reset. Any ideas?
You sure you ain’t the one getting goofy? :insane:

Check the formatting on your USB drive. If it gets corrupted and can’t be read, it will default to the next available source.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Check the formatting on your USB drive. If it gets corrupted and can’t be read, it will default to the next available source.
I can never be sure that I'm not goofy! I'll have to try formatting the drive and start fresh, I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I could be wrong, but it wouldn't have to necessarily be that the USB is corrupt. If the process to start up and validate the USB drop takes too long and happens after Sync is ready play from USB source, I can see where it would just skip to next available source as you suggested. I'm not familiar with this code at all, so maybe that's not an issue, but I have seen similar timing related issues like this before.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but it wouldn't have to necessarily be that the USB is corrupt. If the process to start up and validate the USB drop takes too long and happens after Sync is ready play from USB source, I can see where it would just skip to next available source as you suggested. I'm not familiar with this code at all, so maybe that's not an issue, but I have seen similar timing related issues like this before.

@Oldfart are you leaving the USB plugged in? Or, do you start the truck and insert your dirty, filthy usb stick into your Raptor’s musical glory hole?

I’ve observed that CarPlay, for example doesn’t like it when you start the truck with the cabled connection made.

WRT to the “next available source”, isn’t the “Aux” or usb port the last available source, wouldn’t the “next” source be radio? Asking because, that my ’17 order of selection - AM, FM, satellite, Aux.

I can see the elongated read being an issue as well. How old is the USB (dare I ask?)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 3 month old Samsung 256GB 400MB/s USB 3.1 drive. It's even waterproof.

Why do you need a waterproof USB? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

I do leave it in all the time. I did a USB memory media reset this morning, see if that helps.

You should maybe pull out every now and then.