Question on front camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

special K

Reaction score
Hi all, my question is on the front camera of the truck. I suck a parking in between lanes, honestly I do. My wife escalade has a the full 360 camera that when I need to reverse to back out of a spot to correct my parking the camera comes one, when I put it back in drive to pull in the camera stays on, great feature. On the raptor when I put the truck in reverse the camera comes on but when I put it back in drive, the camera goes off unless I hit the button. I am pretty sure the escalades camera system stays on in drive when that happens until the car reaches a certain MPH, I believe its 10mph. Is there anyway to accomplish the same thing on the raptor. Mainly I am trying to make the camera stay on when I am correcting my stall parking or pulling up to something, camera is super handy for that, as I try to park my truck as best as possible so I don't get door dinged. Any way to trigger the camera when they car goes from reverse to drive just like the escalade. I also plan on installing my sound system soon and Nav TV, not sure if that matters.

Schizofilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a way to do that with Forscan. No idea though. Pushing the camera button on the dash is pretty easy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LXCOUPE1

Reaction score
Setting is in sync. Delay back up camera, so when you switch back to drive it gives u the front camera/360 while going forward until you each 7mph. At least it works that way on my ‘17 with 360 camera.

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
Setting is in sync. Delay back up camera, so when you switch back to drive it gives u the front camera/360 while going forward until you reach 7mph. At least it works that way on my ‘17 with 360 camera.
On My '18 that setting just delays how long the rear camera stays on after you shift out of Reverse, it doesn't switch to the front camera.

LXCOUPE1

Reaction score
On My '18 that setting just delays how long the rear camera stays on after you shift out of Reverse, it doesn't switch to the front camera.

You are correct.... Just checked mine again today and to my embarrassment, the rear camera stays and doesn’t switch to the front. I guess I always just look at the 360 overhead to the right of the screen whenever I’m parking so the delay was all I needed..