Question on BD brightness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have 5% window tint on my truck, I am looking at doing a corner fog light and a flood light that would be appropriate to run while driving on the street. Then I will run the 3rd set as the brightest available for off road, any thoughts on what I should use?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have 5% window tint on my truck, I am looking at doing a corner fog light and a flood light that would be appropriate to run while driving on the street. Then I will run the 3rd set as the brightest available for off road, any thoughts on what I should use?

I'd recommend our SPP Triple Fog Light Kit, which is here: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-baja-designs-lights/

I personally run the S2 Pros in Wide Cornering as my main light, always on. Then a pair of Squadron Pro Driving/Combo followed by a pair of Squadron Pro Wide Cornering Amber.

I'd recommend going with the 3rd pair as Squadron Pro Spots. That is the most popular combo.

The S2 Pros in Wide Cornering are awesome for everyday use (or every-night use). However you could also put in the SAE Lights as pair #1 which gives you that street legal output. So a really cool option (which is what i'll be doing on my own) is the following:

Squadron SAE Wide Cornering
Squadron SAE Wide Cornering Amber
Squadron Pro Driving/Combo

This way you can pick/choose between an amber or white light for use on the road.

OR if you only ever plan on running the white lights

Squadron SAE Wide Cornering
Squadron Pro Driving/Combo
Squadron Pro Spot

That would be a killer combo.

You have a lot of choices. Our SPP Kits let you pick/choose which lights you go with. We include a custom-made all-in-one wiring harness along with the stainless steel american made brackets.

We have everything in stock as well, including the new SAE lights in both white and amber.

image__32811.1545275370.png

Truck1__86539.1554601911.jpg

NCoffroad

Reaction score
Exactly what about a 10 in option of bs for the license plate area? Any suggestions

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Each driving/combo has 2x spot reflectors and 2 wide cornering reflectors so...

2x SAE and
4x Driving/Combo

...is exactly the same as...

2x SAE
2x Wide cornering
2x Spot

Each option having 8x SAE reflectors, 8x wide cornering reflectors and 8x spot reflectors

If you run...

2x SAE
2x driving/combo
2x spot

... then you are running 8x SAE reflectors, 4x wide cornering reflectors and 12x spot reflectors.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's not entirely correct Kahuna...

While you are correct in that a Driving/Combo is comprised of spot and wide cornering, the reflectors are the same.

Baja has 2 styles of reflectors. Reflectors used in Spot, Driving/Combo and Wide Cornering AND reflectors used in Work/Scene.

A work/scene and spot light use the SAME lens, however the reflectors are different.

Now a Driving/Combo "lens" consists of 2 spot lenses and 2 wide cornering lenses, thus the "driving/combo" reference.

The top 2 are spot, bottom 2 are wide cornering.

So you're KIND of right, but the reflectors don't change from wide cornering to driving/combo to spot. The lenses are all the same across the board.

SAEs however are slightly different in how they are designed. Same lenses but the reflectors/circuits inside are different.

Kahuna

Reaction score
Yes, perhaps I should have used "cell" instead of "reflector" to represent the individual 4 lights within the housing, but the point was that 4x combo = 2x spot + 2x wide cornering. I believe that is correct.

When deciding which lights, one really should consider how many spot "cells" and how many wide cornering "cells" one wants. Then use that to decide which lights to buy.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ehh Sort of... when choosing lights you decide what your need is.

If you want something to act as fogs and don't need to throw light down range... then wide cornering is for you.

If you want something to only throw light down range, then spots are for you.

IF you want a bit of both, driving/combo

Because you would NOT want to use a driving/combo IF your sole purpose is to light up the road in front of you and/or on the sides... as the added SPOTS in that driving/combo will throw light far down range.

For example... I would NOT use my driving/combos for regular driving on highways, because it throws light down range... but I would use my wide cornerings.

So it's about where you need the light to land.

Kahuna

Reaction score
Lol, OK. Maybe I am not being clear. I agree with 100% of what you have said. Not sure how you are misconstruing what I am saying.

You are correct, it's all about where you want your light to land... which is a function of how many and which "cells" you choose. I was just trying to explain my approach to choosing lights to match where you want that light to land.

I don't use these lights on road regularly (That's what SAEs are for). So your scenario of running wide cornering on the street doesn't apply for me. I would prefer to have the same number of spot lenses spread across 4 combo housings so I can tweak their aim, but yes which housing each "cell" is in can also play a part in the decision.

Last edited: