GEN 2 Question: Is shifter console lit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
2017 did, some time in 2018 MY, they stopped lighting up the center console gear indicators.

Howanic

Reaction score
My 2019 does not light up, same with the two USB plugs. I called around to a few dealerships and they said they stopped lighting those up mid to late 2018 models.... no idea why. There is a thread about this somewhere and some people have found a plug not plugged into the LED strip and some just dont have the LED strip all together. I have yet to pull my center console up to check mine. My guess is it does not have the LED strip.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the P R D markings on the shifter console supposed to light up at night?

Here is the official Service Message from Ford to dealers:

SSM 47929 - 2018-2019 F-150 - Floor Shift Transmission Selector Lever - Floor Shift Gear Selection Indicator (PRNDL) Not Illuminated - Built On Or After 17-Jan-2018
2018-2019 F-150 vehicles equipped with a floor shift transmission selector lever built on or after 17-Jan-2018 are not equipped with an illuminated gear selection indicator (PRNDL) on the transmission selector lever assembly. The component is no longer equipped due to a running change. The vehicle is not misbuilt. Theaddition of any parts would not be considered a warrantable repair. Do not submit a claim for this condition.

Regulations require that a shift indicator is provided, whether that be on the shifter itself or in the Instrument Cluster. Early trucks had both, which is why the shifter illumination was deemed to be no longer required.