Question For Guys with Tinted Windshields?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've not tinted my windshield but need to. Is the sensor at the top of the windshield with the other electronics? Or is it bottom center. Seems I remember something there and could request they leave that small section cut out.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I've not tinted my windshield but need to. Is the sensor at the top of the windshield with the other electronics? Or is it bottom center. Seems I remember something there and could request they leave that small section cut out.
It's the little dome on the dash center, very close by the bottom of the windshield. My detail guy said he could trim a section of the tint away from there, but I don't think that would help. The issue is worst when the sun is coming from the rear, rear/sides, of the truck, so I don't think trimming a window for the sensor would help. If the sun is out in front of you it works okay.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soooo
It's the little dome on the dash center, very close by the bottom of the windshield. My detail guy said he could trim a section of the tint away from there, but I don't think that would help. The issue is worst when the sun is coming from the rear, rear/sides, of the truck, so I don't think trimming a window for the sensor would help. If the sun is out in front of you it works okay.
Soooo, I don't have these problems now. I have 20 or 25 on the two front doors and 70 over everything else except the windshield. It would seem odd that adding just the windshield would tip the issue if the sensor were not covered. Guess we'll find out when I get around to it.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Soooo

Soooo, I don't have these problems now. I have 20 or 25 on the two front doors and 70 over everything else except the windshield. It would seem odd that adding just the windshield would tip the issue if the sensor were not covered. Guess we'll find out when I get around to it.
I'd love to hear if it changes it for you. I have a feeling that there is a lot of variances from one sensor to another.