Question For Guys with Tinted Windshields?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck does the same thing. My tint guy went a little too dark on the windshield and side windows.
Thanks for that, at least I know not to chase this too hard. The weird thing is that it was better before some of the parts were switched out. Maybe some of the sensors are more sensitive than others. I'll see if Ford comes up with anything. My service tech suggested I put the complaint to Ford so maybe they will find a fix.

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually do have the same thing happening every so often. Not sure what my windshield tint % is since I bought it like that but it’s dark enough to trick the sensor sometimes. I just flip the dial to off when it happens, never really bothered me that much.

Exact same here. My windshield tint is at 70%. I just turn off the Auto setting, and use the old timers method of switching on the headlights when I need them....how primitive. ;)

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have just a clear tint on my windshield and have this problem. Frustrating…
Exact same here. My windshield tint is at 70%. I just turn off the Auto setting, and use the old timers method of switching on the headlights when I need them....how primitive. ;)
Glad to know it's not just my truck. I'm way too sophisticated to have to be bothered with turning a switch, I could get calluses on my fingers and ruin my manicure!!