Question for guys with the Husky liners??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on how they look installed, I don’t see a lot of debris getting up and behind them. If your constantly going hog wild off roading all the time, anything can happen. But flushing underneath with a hose, should keep things pretty clean.

In most use cases, I can’t really see a lot of buildup happening.

Totally. I really can't see how much debris could end up getting between the liner and body unless you were doing serious off-roading.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't find the other thread I posted to but the key is trimming ~1/2" off of the outer lip that tucks into the fender flare. It went smoothly for me since I had one other person helping me. When you are wrestling it into place it really helps to have another set of hands holding the liner still.
Thanks for the tip.. yea i installed the ones on there now. Wasnt too bad. Curious how hard its going to be to remove them to install the new ones.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.. yea i installed the ones on there now. Wasnt too bad. Curious how hard its going to be to remove them to install the new ones.

Got to man handle them for sure. And a little Finesse!

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Based on how they look installed, I don’t see a lot of debris getting up and behind them. If your constantly going hog wild off roading all the time, anything can happen. But flushing underneath with a hose, should keep things pretty clean.

In most use cases, I can’t really see a lot of buildup happening.

I was thinking more of salt and brine spray getting in there and me not being able to clean it off because of the liner. Mud and dirt I wouldn't care so much.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess salts could even corrode aluminum. I still think you have room to flush with water from a hose nozzle. If tire wash can get it up there, then a hose nozzle should be able to force fresh water there too.

Don’t have to worry about that down here, unless I drive the damn thing on the beach lol. More chance of slinging some muck around.

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having just installed the liners here in the NE. I wish I just went with LineX or Herculiner. I see this system just holding sand and salt. But plus side is hopefully this global warming will keep going and we won't see any more harsh winters! LOL

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Suppressors? Loud truck and quiet firearms?

Yep! :gr_grin: I don't drive my truck in my yard, but I do like to shoot groundhogs from my second floor deck when they trespass. I was good for about 50 a year, but coyotes have moved in the area in the last few years and really put a dent in the population.