Question for guys with the Husky liners??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering if people with the Husky liners installed think that it could be an issue having salt/brine/crap getting up behind the liner and eating away at the truck with no reasonable way to clean behind it?

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course your going to get salty vapor and moisture all over the bottom if you live in that environment. With the liner you will stop the sand blasting of the tires throwing it at all the under side. Yes there is room to rinse above the liners if you get down and like put the high pressure wand up underneath and spray. Makes for a bit more work but doable. I think stopping the sandblasting effect from the tires is time and money made in preventing a lot of corrosion. JM2CW

kingcareric

Reaction score
Once they are in their place, no way you gonna take them off unless you want to spend 3 hours to put them back on including taking your fender flare off. Good luck!!

Jeff manson

Reaction score
I ceramic coated my rear wheel wells before installing the liners. There’s no way you will be able to clean them 100% after installed. In my mind the ceramic coating and the truck being aluminum will delay the rotting process. I can’t prove it, but I still
Don’t think you’re going to see the wheel wells rot off the truck like we are all used to seeing on all makes of older trucks

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just move to CA and you'll be fine. But yeah like everyone said, not a good idea to install these if you ever want to clean behind them. I would not wish removing and reinstalling these things on my worst enemy.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Line x on my Gen1 rear wheel wells for 8 years no rust there. I think the husky liners are nice but did not do them on the Gen2 because I would go a little crazy thinking about dirt and salt getting behind them. Not sure it’s as much of a concern on the Gen2 in terms of corrosion. I did the spray on liner again on the Gen2 and very happy with the looks and the ease of cleaning.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just move to CA and you'll be fine. But yeah like everyone said, not a good idea to install these if you ever want to clean behind them. I would not wish removing and reinstalling these things on my worst enemy.
Now your scaring me..

I just ordered a set of the updated design. (Doesnt cover the shocks) As husky said they would take my old design back. Hoping it wont be toooooo horrible.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Based on how they look installed, I don’t see a lot of debris getting up and behind them. If your constantly going hog wild off roading all the time, anything can happen. But flushing underneath with a hose, should keep things pretty clean.

In most use cases, I can’t really see a lot of buildup happening.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now your scaring me..

I just ordered a set of the updated design. (Doesnt cover the shocks) As husky said they would take my old design back. Hoping it wont be toooooo horrible.

I can't find the other thread I posted to but the key is trimming ~1/2" off of the outer lip that tucks into the fender flare. It went smoothly for me since I had one other person helping me. When you are wrestling it into place it really helps to have another set of hands holding the liner still.