Question for guys that have removed headlight trim????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They might have broke that tab on the end of the headlight trim piece. When you snap that together it usually pops right in and is pretty solid. Solid to the point it’s not easy to pop out. If you can’t snap it solidly together by pressing it with your thumb (it looks like it’s down all the way) I’d have them look at it, I wouldn’t try to pull it apart if the plastic is cold.
I think they broke a tab on the trim piece too. The problem is you can’t repair them so a new trim piece is required and it will need to be color matched. Please keep us posted.
Thanks, I'll have to get them on it next week. I knew not to even try to mess with it right now. It's garage kept, but even in the garage, it's only about 40 right now. We're in the middle of a pretty good cold snap.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just removed mine to address a headlight issue. There are three clips on that middle section. They probably broke one or more. FYI, the trim piece is removed from the middle out because the end by the fender flare has clip perpendicular to the rest. You do not need to remove the fender flare.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've messed around with mine a few times and broken tabs. It's on there pretty good still though, so only I know. Not really a fan of the whole tab system as I always seem to break tab. What ever happen to a good old fashion screw?

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just removed mine to address a headlight issue. There are three clips on that middle section. They probably broke one or more. FYI, the trim piece is removed from the middle out because the end by the fender flare has clip perpendicular to the rest. You do not need to remove the fender flare.
Thanks.
I've messed around with mine a few times and broken tabs. It's on there pretty good still though, so only I know. Not really a fan of the whole tab system as I always seem to break tab. What ever happen to a good old fashion screw?
It sure seems like a hard way to hold a simple piece on, especially if the dealer even broke something removing it.