Question for anyone that installed the WeatherTech "midflap" mudflap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how do you like them? Been thinking about getting them. I’ve had my Gen 2 for about 3 months and had about enough of all the dirt and crap getting thrown up on the door handles and the side of the truck. IMO the stock steps don’t help at all. I had a ZR2 and mudflaps made all the difference. I think I am going with Rokblokz.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
:pics-****:

Edit: Guys? your own emojis are triggering the filter fer fûck’s sake.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i put them all the way forward, and they been on ever since.. they keep all the ice, snow and mud off of the running board and the door handles. they dont look awesome, but they do a good job

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So how do you like them? Been thinking about getting them. I’ve had my Gen 2 for about 3 months and had about enough of all the dirt and crap getting thrown up on the door handles and the side of the truck. IMO the stock steps don’t help at all. I had a ZR2 and mudflaps made all the difference. I think I am going with Rokblokz.
I'm VERY happy with these mudflaps. Easy, clean mounting, and I get good protection. They still look like new. I never mounted the midflap, I just thought it looked odd.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
i put them all the way forward, and they been on ever since.. they keep all the ice, snow and mud off of the running board and the door handles. they dont look awesome, but they do a good job

I deliberately omit the rear mud flaps for this one reason.

You are stuck behind a lane turltling nitwit for miles and miles in the pouring down rain. An opening occurs, and you exercise Raptor Privilege, passing the slow moving obstacle, who is no doubt in the left lane, and will not even consider the thought to move over.

Now you introduce the nitwit to the epic wake that the Rap throws up in the rain. It’s like magic. if you thought they couldn’t possibly go slower, yes they can and they will, when they get a windshield full of road spray from your truck several car lengths ahead.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I deliberately omit the rear mud flaps for this one reason.

You are stuck behind a lane turltling nitwit for miles and miles in the pouring down rain. An opening occurs, and you exercise Raptor Privilege, passing the slow moving obstacle, who is no doubt in the left lane, and will not even consider the thought to move over.

Now you introduce the nitwit to the epic wake that the Rap throws up in the rain. It’s like magic. if you thought they couldn’t possibly go slower, yes they can and they will, when they get a windshield full of road spray from your truck several car lengths ahead.
I think it makes the rain spray worse actually because all the water being thrown off the tires is now hitting another stationary object and being turned into microbiology. It's similar to low hanging fog

smurfslayer

Reaction score
You may be on to something. I could coat them with something that interacts with road spray and creates Funk(™). And I don’t mean the good, 70’s kind of Funk.

I like where you’re going with this.