Question about your shock setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the market getting ready to upgrade my suspension. I see you sell Fox setup and Icon setup... Which one do you think is the best? Is there a reason for selling both other than some like fox and some dont?

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmmm this could be interesting. Does SDHQ also sell king shocks

Ya know...... I think SDHQ started selling Icon shocks, then Fox released their Raptor 3.0 shock
Kinda like when you go buy peanutbutter, there is more than just one brand

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm this could be interesting. Does SDHQ also sell king shocks

Ya know...... I think SDHQ started selling Icon shocks, then Fox released their Raptor 3.0 shock
Kinda like when you go buy peanutbutter, there is more than just one brand

They dont sell Kings. I remember a while ago they said they were no longer selling them...

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We offer both brands of shocks. We prefer ICON shocks for the front and rear of the Raptor. In our experience, on numerous trucks, the ICON shocks have proven to be the best riding shocks both on and off road. Additionally, the ICON's have ease of adjustment over the Fox shocks via the ICON compression adjustment on the coilovers and the ability to change compression and rebound with a knob on the bypasses, rather than needing tools like on the Fox shocks. ICON coilovers will also give you just a little more travel than the Fox shock set-up when coupled with an upper arm.

ICON puts countless hours of test time and R&D into their products before they are released. They test, tune, and re-test to be sure you are getting the best possible product for your truck before it ships out the door.

One last thing to consider is some people like blue and some people like black, so we offer both.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can u post pics of your blue icons? Never seen blue I believe.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So what is the travel numbers when we combine the Icon shocks and a UCA

3/4" of droop travel

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Can u post pics of your blue icons? Never seen blue I believe.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

He was talking about Black (Icon) and Blue (Fox).

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3/4" of droop travel

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

He was talking about Black (Icon) and Blue (Fox).

So, its smart to get new halfshafts if you go with the icon setup...

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am in the market getting ready to upgrade my suspension. I see you sell Fox setup and Icon setup... Which one do you think is the best? Is there a reason for selling both other than some like fox and some dont?

Dinoone has a set of new Icon's for sale!

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

So, its smart to get new halfshafts if you go with the icon setup...

No the oem can handle the extra 3/4" of droop