GEN 2 Question about the rear-view mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I am trying to order a custom sunshade for incoming 2019 Raptor. I see this option:

- With rearview mirror camera
- Without rearview mirror camera

Does the raptor have a camera on the rearview mirror?

TIA

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe there is a camera of sorts in mine which is probably part of the whole adaptive cruise control, lane departure assist, 360 camera tech package stuff. I had a similar question when ordering a blend mount for my rearview mirror. Judging by the options in your signature, which appear to indicate the truck is fairly loaded, I would assume you have the mirror with camera. It's not actually on the mirror itself, but inside the plastic trim box where the whole assembly attaches to the windshield glass.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 had the reverse screen in the rearview mirror. My guess is that lesser optioned trucks, maybe 800/801's without the larger touchscreen have the reverse screen in the mirror...but it's only a guess.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2011 had the reverse screen in the rearview mirror. My guess is that lesser optioned trucks, maybe 800/801's without the larger touchscreen have the reverse screen in the mirror...but it's only a guess.
this is correct. usually you can add a reverse camera to base model trucks without any other options, or paying extra for "packages" but to answer the question, the original post did say rearview camera and nothing regarding the 360 camera or sensors in the mirror. not sure what sunshade needs that info.......

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with Raptorguy and 802Avalanche. Part of the adaptive cruise system is near the rearview mirror and is attached to the windshield. That is most likely why they are asking with regards to the sunshade.