Question About The Infamous Pano-Roof Sticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s not convenient enough to do this. I’m running a 1919, and unless you’re going to cut the roof more, you’re not going to be able to pop the gun out, even if you hard mounted to the roof, you need support. You’d have to hog the roof quite a bit to be able to run the gun, plus, you need a T&E to prevent the gunner from stitching the hood or cab. Too much drama.

Another thing: Muzzle blast will F*ck stuff up quick and it will be Loud AF in the cab. For cab mounting and even forward running bed mount, you’d better have the cab secured; roof closed or sealed.

Fab up a socket on your chase rack. I’ve got a swing arm mount that I’m going to use to fire from the bed. Same issue, but I’m thinking I’m going to make the socket height such that the barrel cannot possibly do the cab, hood, or even point blank in front of the truck.

and holy crap would it make for some rad videos of catching air in the truck with someone full squeeze on a 300 rnd belt of tracers.

Yeah, if you haven’t run some rapid fire in motion before, it sounds a lot cooler when you’re not being beat around by a driver playing Rat Patrol. You’d better be -damn- sure of the gun mount and T&E strength and the belt fed driver better be skilled.

Hell, I’d seriously consider a mount like Dillon did for the SUV gun. Servo driven, electronic dash controls.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
that's an interesting idea. But it also leads me to ask to have my cage builder add a mount for my MGA SAW. (it's a belt-fed M249 style 5.56 rifle that I can use one of my transferrable HK trigger packs with.)

Not quite sure how I could make it work so the panel could be popped out from the inside and still seal, but it would be really freaking fun to blast around a ranch, running dark with NVG and BD IR lights, hunting hogs full-auto from the roof, then pop the panel back in and hit the desert.

It would be the one time that I'd prefer the quiet ecoboost over a growly V8. :cool:
It’s not convenient enough to do this. I’m running a 1919, and unless you’re going to cut the roof more, you’re not going to be able to pop the gun out, even if you hard mounted to the roof, you need support. You’d have to hog the roof quite a bit to be able to run the gun, plus, you need a T&E to prevent the gunner from stitching the hood or cab. Too much drama.

Another thing: Muzzle blast will F*ck stuff up quick and it will be Loud AF in the cab. For cab mounting and even forward running bed mount, you’d better have the cab secured; roof closed or sealed.

Fab up a socket on your chase rack. I’ve got a swing arm mount that I’m going to use to fire from the bed. Same issue, but I’m thinking I’m going to make the socket height such that the barrel cannot possibly do the cab, hood, or even point blank in front of the truck.

Yeah, if you haven’t run some rapid fire in motion before, it sounds a lot cooler when you’re not being beat around by a driver playing Rat Patrol. You’d better be -damn- sure of the gun mount and T&E strength and the belt fed driver better be skilled.

Hell, I’d seriously consider a mount like Dillon did for the SUV gun. Servo driven, electronic dash controls.

Oh, I was thinking, pop the roof out and leave it out, hard mount for the rifle on a limited horizon swivel. But you're right, it wouldn't be such a hot idea and I would have no intention of adding a stand-up harness to the setup.

I also doubt that the DSP intercom/headsets that I'm adding would filter out the noise.

I haven't run rapid fire from a vehicle with wheels before, only a heli.