Question about SCT Livewire...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

si_raptor

Reaction score
Hello Raptor buddies. I'm new here. I have a 2014 Raptor and have a SCT Livewire TS 5015 (not the 5015P, not sure if there's a difference between them). But I have a couple of questions:
1)I plugged in my Livewire in my raptor to only remove speed limiter and I also put a 4.10 gear ratio. Everything else I left stock. I went to go test it out to see if the speed limiter was removed. It was, but when I was hitting about 120 in 6th, it sounded like it was about to reach the end of the gear but felt like it still had more in her. Should I change the gear ratio or rpms or something?
2) can anyone explain to me what each tune option does in the programming settings?
3) I broght my Livewire back in 2015 for my 2000 Ford Explorer. I used it just to remove the speed limiter. I was reading somewhere that the first car I use the Livewire on, it's locked to that car. Is this true? Because I want to reset my raptor back to stock but afraid that it's going to put a explorer setting in my raptor.

Sorry for the confusion guys, any little helps. Thank you!

Edit: The tune options are Tire Revs/Mile; Rev Limit DRV; Rev Limit NEU; Idle Speed DRV; Idle speed NEU. Anyone know what these do?

Last edited:

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you load the raptor tunes on the SCT and load it into the truck it should save the settings automatically. Going 120 the truck should not be limiting out, although the tires WILL NOT take those speeds and have a risk of blowing out and leaving you without a truck at minimum and potentially with serious injuries or death. I ran 120 (on an undisclosed closed course) and the truck was super unstable and that was a 1 time run, maybe your tires are better but listen to the tire guidelines, I'd set the limiter to 110 or so, and stock rear gear should be 4.10 from the factory so I don't understand changing that gear.

Best of luck man, I hope it all works out for you!

Edit: when you loaded your tunes did it say anything about saving the stock tune or how did you do it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

si_raptor

Reaction score
When you load the raptor tunes on the SCT and load it into the truck it should save the settings automatically. Going 120 the truck should not be limiting out, although the tires WILL NOT take those speeds and have a risk of blowing out and leaving you without a truck at minimum and potentially with serious injuries or death. I ran 120 (on an undisclosed closed course) and the truck was super unstable and that was a 1 time run, maybe your tires are better but listen to the tire guidelines, I'd set the limiter to 110 or so, and stock rear gear should be 4.10 from the factory so I don't understand changing that gear.

Best of luck man, I hope it all works out for you!

Edit: when you loaded your tunes did it say anything about saving the stock tune or how did you do it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

very true i didn't think of it. it was a one time thing and thats it. and yes it saved thank god.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires - keep in mind that is typically a continuous rating also accounting for 100 plus degree asphalt.
Agreed need to be safe and account for things, such as age and condition of tires, people/things around you, response times, etc.
A few short runs on an open straight stretch it isn't like as soon as you exceed the tire speed rating it's going to pop, but keep in mind at those speeds the slightest thing going wrong can compound and be disastrous.