Question about losing the 2" block with Deaver/Icons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great. Don't the springs come powder coated? It seems like the majority prefer the Deaver's over the Icon's?
No they don't, you can get them PC'd but you'll pay for it and I hear they rust anyway... they do take some maintenance for the rust, I usually do it twice a year but I live in los angeles. I prefer Deaver because they have been making leafs since horse and buggy times.

Attackpilot

Reaction score
James, you got that order through us. :)
You got the Forged Off-road OEM replacement ones. We still sell those but Deaver is no longer stocking those for us, we send these out ourselves.

@Oldfart, try putting some weight in the bed and see if it helps eliminate the sideways hop. Coming from a GEN1, that never happened even with an empty bed with stock leafs. Since getting my GEN2, that sideways hop was the first thing I noticed and I definitely didn't like it at all. Ordering Deavers was one of the first things I got for mine. It will make the rear-end perform completely different and well worth it. You do need to replace the stop on the factory 2" block but I chose to get a bump stop kit as I fully understand how much better they are. When you hit the OEM bump, it is jarring and will donkey kick your rear end so make sure you know its going to happen and be prepared for it so you can react accordingly.

If you would like to get a quote on either solution, just message me and will be more than happy to provide you a FRF member discount.
Thanks,
Rick
Not to hijack the thread but... can you DM me a quote on that setup for the rear on an 18

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why Ford doesn't offer the deavers as an option on a build sheet by now. So many owners have gone this route, there has to be thousands sold, just to raptor owners.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Looks great. Don't the springs come powder coated? It seems like the majority prefer the Deaver's over the Icon's?

You don't want to powdercoat them. Deaver offered it at one time but stopped. Its going to crack and trap more moisture causing even more rusting. We always recommend to buy AMSOIL HDMP and give them a really good coating before installing, we usually give it 4 coats to start. Then about every 6 months you can recoat them while on the truck to keep them looking new and protected.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of everyone I know who had deavers they start to show more surface rust than the icons. Someone should probably do a poll so we can get actual feedback of who's got what and what state they are in and who's showing rust on their rear leafs.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
34/32 psi

Thanks, I would be doing the +2 non HD also. I mostly carry shooting stuff, steel targets, etc. in the back, or else it's empty. So definitely don't need more weight capacity. Once in a while a young tied up hottie, but not too often any more. They don't add much weight, if they did I wouldn't bother kidnapping them!
I'm running 35 all the way around and don't have any jumping around with my icons. Option 2