Question about losing the 2" block with Deaver/Icons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm super happy with my truck. One of the only things I could complain about is an occasional odd kick to the side when hitting a bump while going straight at freeway speeds. It seems like you have to hit a bump that is just the right size at just the right angle and it will do a weird small sideways hop at the rear axle. I've never felt that once in my Silverado and have had that a long time. I'm running 34/32 psi, it rides really well.

I could see getting the hop when hitting a mid corner bump, all trucks like to do that, but this is when going straight. It reminds me of what a bike would do if your rear wheel is slightly cocked. Is this due to the 2" block that is in the rear? If it is, does going to Deaver's/Icon's get rid of this? Thanks. Here's a sexy picture thrown in for free for your help.

george.jpg:hat:

Last edited:

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For me, deaver +3s 99% got rid of the hop to the right over chatter. Pretty much eliminated wheelhop when spinning as well. Well worth it. I paired the +3s with bump pads and 2.25" front collars.

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, deaver +3s 99% got rid of the hop to the right over chatter. Pretty much eliminated wheelhop when spinning as well. Well worth it. I paired the +3s with bump pads and 2.25" front collars.

May I ask which bump pads you used (OP sorry to jack the thread).

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering, if they tend to minimize that hop. Thanks.
Back in the early early days of modding raptors, guys were using traction bars (ladder style) to combat the wheel hop, which was causing axle breakage, right up until deavers came into the spotlight, fixed the problem!

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering, if they tend to minimize that hop. Thanks.

Eliminate is a better work than minimize IMO. I mean, sometime it can hop a little, but not really unless you are doing something stupid.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Honestly, I can't remember, it was a vendor on here.

James, you got that order through us. :)
You got the Forged Off-road OEM replacement ones. We still sell those but Deaver is no longer stocking those for us, we send these out ourselves.

@Oldfart, try putting some weight in the bed and see if it helps eliminate the sideways hop. Coming from a GEN1, that never happened even with an empty bed with stock leafs. Since getting my GEN2, that sideways hop was the first thing I noticed and I definitely didn't like it at all. Ordering Deavers was one of the first things I got for mine. It will make the rear-end perform completely different and well worth it. You do need to replace the stop on the factory 2" block but I chose to get a bump stop kit as I fully understand how much better they are. When you hit the OEM bump, it is jarring and will donkey kick your rear end so make sure you know its going to happen and be prepared for it so you can react accordingly.

If you would like to get a quote on either solution, just message me and will be more than happy to provide you a FRF member discount.
Thanks,
Rick