Question About Interior Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timekeeper

Reaction score
Hey Guys...I noticed on the 2020 that I'm buying that the P-R-D-M letters next to the shift lever do not illuminate on my center console. Maybe they were turned way down, and I needed to be in super darkness to see them. But under normal light, I could not see any lighting under the letters.

Is this normal? I want to make sure before I drive it off the lot.

Regards,
John

OP
OP
Timekeeper

Timekeeper

Reaction score
Hey IKA, thanks for the message. I saw a two videos on YouTube where the
P-R-N-D-M is illuminated in some current generation Raptors. Was this something that changed in 2019 or 2020? I'm just curious. I have the 802A package. Everything else seemed find.

Just checking to make sure this is normal.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea. They stopped in 18 I believe. My 18 didn’t either does my 2020. If you do a search some guys are installing the light strip after. Looks like ford left the connector in there.

OP
OP
Timekeeper

Timekeeper

Reaction score
Yea. They stopped in 18 I believe. My 18 didn’t either does my 2020. If you do a search some guys are installing the light strip after. Looks like ford left the connector in there.

Thanks, yes I found that 18 page thread. I see that it tends to be a common issue.

gopher870

Reaction score
I noticed this after I purchased my Raptor and it is very annoying. Seems like such a silly thing to be annoyed by but I got used to it from the old truck. There are LED lights in the cup holders RIGHT NEXT to the shifter, seems such like such a goofy decision not to have them (?).

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are many threads on this... :rolleyes:

They stopped doing it sometime in the 2017/2018 time frame, so it is not something you will see in any new truck regardless of the package. You can add lights, but not sure why you would as the dash shows you the gear you are in unless you turn it off with the paddle shifters.