Question about behind grille LED light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericwudi0830

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this behind grille LED light bar for my 17 Raptor on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G7KN2XD/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

The price is decent, and I also did some research about this company which is local, close to where I live and who also has pretty good reviews on yelp, Google and Amazon.

I want to know whether it is hard to remove the front grille to install the lightbar? Have anyone installed a similar behind grille light bar before?

71o3ZQmXIQL._SL1500_.jpg

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, You get what you pay for and a 30" light bar for $159 is going to be a piece of crap.

There are videos on youtube regarding grill removal for light bars.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's an iJDMTOY product. Chinese company that sells a lot on amazon at dirt low prices since they are the manufacturers. It's just cheap garbage is all. SURE it'll work... but so will a $20 truck right? We own Raptors because we wanted the best of the best. Why put a $180 light bar on a $70k truck... do it right... Baja Designs or Rigid

OP
OP
ericwudi0830

ericwudi0830

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of OEM fit LED daylight for my Mercedes from this company before, I think they should be ok, cuz the light bar will be mostly a decoration, not really gonna use it that much.

OP
OP
ericwudi0830

ericwudi0830

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I have just found a similar hidden behind grill LED light bar on Rough Country, is that good?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ll offer my findings.
1) I added 2 x 17” amazon led bars behind the grille. I knew full well this would be a stop gap, as the lights were inexpensive.
2) I added 4x Squadrons in the bumper, then added another 2.

Amazon bars were in about 15 months and one lost its seal. They’re no longer for sale. Not a big deal, I was actually already saving to replace them and am in the process of fixing that situation.

The BD lights are not cheap, but, they put out what they say they put out, the Amazon light bars have a reputation for being bright if you have nothing to compare them with, but if you measure the current draw or put them side by side with a similarly rated BD light, there really isn’t a close comparison. The amazon lights are good for what they are, inexpensive and if cash is tight, yeah, I get it.

However, behind the grille is not a really good location for a light you’re going to get 2-3 seasons out of, tops. it’s a good deal of work. I have a post in the lighting section and I think someone else just posted up a basic how to. it’s probably 3-3.5 hours if you’re pretty good at the process, 4-6 if you’re moderately skilled, more if you’re a n00b or not using a ‘kit’. This is one of those jobs you want to do once and not have to come back on it.