Question about aux/mini inputs for the B&O in 2020?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need to bring myself into this century with the digital music storage. I'm looking at getting a high- res Walkman NW-A55 to rip my cd's into, but the truck would need an auxiliary input that I don't think it has, for it to be a wired hook up. From what I've read, it seems like you lose a lot of sound quality to go blue-tooth. What do you guys use?

I have to buy something new for this anyway, so I'm totally open to what will work well with the truck. I'd like to have something to use other than my older Android phone.
Any input is greatly appreciated. :cheers:

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just use a usb drive. i have a usb hub and have (4) 32gb usb drives full of music.

So I could just copy my cd's to usb flash drives and plug them in? That sounds WAAY too easy!! I just looked on Amazon and see that the hubs are really cheap. I hadn't seen them before. You have to love a solution that is simple AND saves quite a bit of money. Thanks! I'm still pretty lost with the digital music storage, I actually still have boxes of 8 tracks and cassettes. :emotions122:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at one point i had a 256gb usb drive in my truck. but it was too hard to search for files so i broke it up into smaller drives and used a hub. depending on how much music you have, you may not need a hub. i use wav format for all my music because i have such an extensive audio system i need the best sound quality. however if you used mp3, you can store about 10x the music on one drive.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have a huge collection, I have about 250 CD's I want to copy, as I have time. My truck isn't coming until May, so I'm not sure yet if I will hear the difference with the stock B&O system. I'm thinking if I can't, I will be upgrading whatever I need to.

I see you have aka nosbusa, were you ever on the GDC forum? One of the other mods in there with me, Rob, was a huge turbo Busa nut. That site was a lot of fun before it died out.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a huge collection, I have about 250 CD's I want to copy, as I have time. My truck isn't coming until May, so I'm not sure yet if I will hear the difference with the stock B&O system. I'm thinking if I can't, I will be upgrading whatever I need to.

I see you have aka nosbusa, were you ever on the GDC forum? One of the other mods in there with me, Rob, was a huge turbo Busa nut. That site was a lot of fun before it died out.
nope. just on this forum. i have an 06 busa with an 80shot of nos. it is my commuter now days. used to hit up the drag strip back in the day. now i just put those certain people in their place when needed.

i use roxio to extract music files. its a neat little program and will allow you to convert to whatever file format you want

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
So I could just copy my cd's to usb flash drives and plug them in? That sounds WAAY too easy!! I just looked on Amazon and see that the hubs are really cheap. I hadn't seen them before. You have to love a solution that is simple AND saves quite a bit of money. Thanks! I'm still pretty lost with the digital music storage, I actually still have boxes of 8 tracks and cassettes. :emotions122:
You should probably upgrade your flip phone too. Once you start texting, you will see colors you've never seen before. My 85 y.o. dad finally got a phone that you can text to/from. I told him if he asks real nice, women will text him naked pics. He was honestly shocked. It was pretty funny.
:rollfro:

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nope. just on this forum. i have an 06 busa with an 80shot of nos. it is my commuter now days. used to hit up the drag strip back in the day. now i just put those certain people in their place when needed.

i use roxio to extract music files. its a neat little program and will allow you to convert to whatever file format you want

The forum Gixxer.com was the biggest Suzuki sport bike forum for many years before FB took over. It was mostly guys that raced and tracked their bikes. Lots of immature fun was had in there. Thanks for your help.

You should probably upgrade your flip phone too. Once you start texting, you will see colors you've never seen before. My 85 y.o. dad finally got a phone that you can text to/from. I told him if he asks real nice, women will text him naked pics. He was honestly shocked. It was pretty funny.
:rollfro:

I'm on my SECOND non-flip smart phone funny boy!! :biggrin: I have a Galaxy S5, not exactly cutting edge. Once I had a smart phone for a while I found I used it more and more. I even send about 75 texts a month now, never thought I would do that. I'm a real tech freaking wizard now! :893karatesmiley-thu

Last edited:

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just use a usb drive. i have a usb hub and have (4) 32gb usb drives full of music.

My truck just killed a Sandisk 64gb that I used to work around the fact that Sync cannot index my iPod...too large/too many files. Too many files on the USB? Same problem.

AN AUX JACK ALLOWS THE CUSTOMER TO PLAY FROM ANY EXTERNAL AUDIO SOURCE HE OR SHE WANTS AND COSTS $2 FOR A MFG.

Or, do like other mfg do and have the system search by folders as you go, not try to index every damn song at once. It is very frustrating.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
My truck just killed a Sandisk 64gb that I used to work around the fact that Sync cannot index my iPod...too large/too many files. Too many files on the USB? Same problem.

AN AUX JACK ALLOWS THE CUSTOMER TO PLAY FROM ANY EXTERNAL AUDIO SOURCE HE OR SHE WANTS AND COSTS $2 FOR A MFG.

Or, do like other mfg do and have the system search by folders as you go, not try to index every damn song at once. It is very frustrating.

Thank Apple for the lack of a 3.5mm jack. They killed it first, and everyone else followed suit., Google and most manufacturers followed, and Samsung just killed it on the S20/Note 10....so it's 100% dead. The reason they killed it was to sell you AirPods, which made them billions: https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/01/09/apple-airpods-more-money-spotify/