Question about ARB compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have an ARB single compressor and I just got another one free from work, so I decided to wire both up for faster fill times. I was curious if anyone knew if I should use a single pressure cutoff switch or use 2 with one on each compressor. The switches of course would be set at the same cutoff pressure. Thanks for any help.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the tank pressure is what you want to connect the pressure switch to. from there you can have it cut off the compressors at the relay

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the tank pressure is what you want to connect the pressure switch to. from there you can have it cut off the compressors at the relay
Oh ok that’s even more convenient! So just use one of the tanks extra bungs for the sensor? Also would you know if I can run the second compressor off the same relay if I just add another inline fuse to match the original for the secondary compressor?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh ok that’s even more convenient! So just use one of the tanks extra bungs for the sensor? Also would you know if I can run the second compressor off the same relay if I just add another inline fuse to match the original for the secondary compressor?
no. use a realy for each compressor. the standard spst/spdt relays are rated to 30-40 amps. the compressors probably draw 20 on start up. i have 4 viair compressors in my truck and each one has a relay. you will need minimum of 8ga wire to each as well. i have a second battery in the bed and run all my compressors off of that.