Question about ADD Pro REAR Bumper and Hitch Assembly/Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrantW

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am mostly just thinking out loud here, but wanted to get your opinions so I can feel more comfortable about this. I am about to pull the trigger on an ADD Pro REAR Bumper, and like many, I am debating on if I want to cut the hitch mounts necessary for the installation. I absolutely love the look of this bumper compared to the bolt-on, so before you tell me to "just buy the bolt-on", that's out of the question. What I am most worried about at this point is the ability to turn it back to stock when I want to sell the truck. Yes, I know I can keep the pieces I cut off and have them re-welded. Have many of you actually done this before? For this bumper, you only have to cut off the lower hole of each hitch mount, which leaves 2 holes. If I decide to mount the stock hitch assembly right back up the mounts before I sell it, everything should still go back in place right Of course it won't be as strong as before, but visually it should be able to still pass an inspection (most likely) if I go to get it appraised? Also, has anyone in California run into any issues with this bumper and a salvage title? Most of the discussion relates to the front frame cut bumpers, which I am not interested in. I really haven't been able to find anything on the legality of warranty/insurance etc... regarding the rear frame cut bumper. I know most of the same rules apply for the rear, but I just wanted to hear of anyone's actual experience.

Thanks for any advice!!!