Question #24: Best cleaning set up for under $1000?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean these? Cuts washing time by about 30% in my case.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla...rm-375-lbs-Load-Capacity-GLWP-55A-2/310836452

View attachment 153806

I have a foam cannon system and am not super nuts about the whole thing. Unless you have a covered area (I do not), here in sunny Florida, I cannot get around the truck fast enough to keep it from drying and caking on before I agitate it and then rinse. With a small car I can see where it would be awesome. I suppose if I washed the truck at 7am or really late in the day, it would be a different story.

YES! Thanks

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely! In my opinion/experience, the foam cannon plays the biggest part in prepping (washing) the truck for a polish/seal/wax. Not to mention it does a hell of a job in getting dirt out of the books and crannies that without it, would dirty up your wash mitt (read put swirl marks in your clear coat as you wash)
What if your pressure washer already has built in soap dispensing? All the foam cannons look like they are the soap dispenser. I’m not sure that would improve what my pressure washer already does?

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if your pressure washer already has built in soap dispensing? All the foam cannons look like they are the soap dispenser. I’m not sure that would improve what my pressure washer already does?

To be honest, I’ve never tried using the built in soap dispenser for a foam application. Try it out and let us know how it works.
My gas power washer with a soap dispenser doesn’t work so I can’t test it.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I’ve never tried using the built in soap dispenser for a foam application. Try it out and let us know how it works.
My gas power washer with a soap dispenser doesn’t work so I can’t test it.
My soap dispenser works ok but you have to use the soap nozzle which means low pressure. It doesn’t do bubble-bath type foam like the cannon pics but it does cover the truck with soapy water well enough. I’m wondering what a foam cannon adds. For $20 or less I might as well try it. Maybe in the spring. It’s getting colder here now.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My soap dispenser works ok but you have to use the soap nozzle which means low pressure. It doesn’t do bubble-bath type foam like the cannon pics but it does cover the truck with soapy water well enough. I’m wondering what a foam cannon adds. For $20 or less I might as well try it. Maybe in the spring. It’s getting colder here now.

The foam/suds is where the action is. So that makes sense that it works better.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So with a foam cannon, do you then use a soft brush to loosen the dirt?

faultball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a Ryobi gas washer with the Honda motor. Hated my electric such a hassle running cord and hose. Pressure is higher also but adjustable. Can't beat a pressure washer and foam gun!!!

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MTM 22.2 foam cannon and Adam’s Mega foam Kay some amazing foam. Don’t cheap out on a foam cannon and get the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with a foam cannon, do you then use a soft brush to loosen the dirt?

I usually foam the living shit out of the truck then go over it with the regular pressure washer wand.

Then, depending on how dirty it is, I go over it by hand with a wash mitt and the two bucket method.

If it’s not real dirty, you can get away with just blowing it dry after the foam cannon and rinsing off.