Question #24: Best cleaning set up for under $1000?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Foam cannon really that big a deal?

Absolutely! In my opinion/experience, the foam cannon plays the biggest part in prepping (washing) the truck for a polish/seal/wax. Not to mention it does a hell of a job in getting dirt out of the books and crannies that without it, would dirty up your wash mitt (read put swirl marks in your clear coat as you wash)

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Can’t say enough good things about it. Presoaks and takes off a good bit of the grime before you start with hand agitation.

I buy Meguiars car soap in bulk at Costco. It foams better than the more expensive “foam cannon” soap I bought off Autogeek and it’s cheap.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've had a sun joe 2030 for 9 years. just changed the hose to a 50 footer. works great for truck washing, siding washes, deck washing, driveway power washing, etc.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CPGMUXW/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

$150 bucks

that and a foam cannon.

power washer
microfiber clothes for drying
pick any soap you want
foam canon
bucket.

done for less than $300

a foam cannon is definitely worth the reasonable cost you have to pay.

saves time and does a better job

Heeter87

Reaction score
If you want the best, get the kranzle wall mounted solution from obsessed garage. There are cheaper options out there, but that is easily the best. You want lower PSI (around 900) and higher GPM for using on cars. Most other ones are for cleaning patios and driveways, and have higher PSI and lower flow but OG one is made for cars. I had cheap Ryobi one for a while but stopped working after a few months, also got old taking it out and putting it away every time. Also use EGo battery leaf blower for drying, have a Stihl backpack for the yard but EGo is a lot easier for drying cars.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought it on line years ago. Called undercarriage sprayer. Looks like amazon sells one now. About 1/2 of what I paid.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K22DGRY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
That`s a great way of keeping the underside clean. I have seen them on Northern tools, Powerwasher.com but as usual Amazon has it too. I have friends that have a school bus service and they have made up a system with a power washer hooked up to a setup of PVC pipes and used wide angle power washer tips along the way and drive the busses over them to clean the bottoms. Way overkill for a one vehicle owner but if you can make what works for you, why not?

The rolling multi spray head sure beats the hell out of trying to lean over and not get soaked in the process. Thanks for posting that picture, you have made a lot of trucks happy and saved a back or two

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had googled power washer under car attachment and as usual your head will spin, there are commercial grade units and everything in between and of all a Ryobi from Home Depot was high rated mostly due to it having large wheels. I guess there's a lot to consider or not

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-Pressure-Washer-Water-Broom-RY31211/300701617

It says it's for use with gas pressure washers. I wonder why not electric washers? Aren't the connections the same?