Question #24: Best cleaning set up for under $1000?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no. and you don't need 2500psi to wash a truck......at all.

A grand?

You can have everything you really need for $300 or less

Second that. From my understanding recommend psi is 1500-2000. I could be wrong, feel free to correct me/chime in folks!

Also, I think MTM Foam Cannon + Adam’s Car Shampoo + Leaf Blower + undercarriage attachment with a power washer is solid for an exterior wash.

Adam’s is pH neutral which means no issues in the sun. But still, I prefer a somewhat overcast day with just a faint hint of sun for wash days :cheers:.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no. and you don't need 2500psi to wash a truck......at all.

A grand?

You can have everything you really need for $300 or less

I know you don’t need 2500 psi, what made me ask that is the undercarriage attachment with 3 (or more) nozzles on it that divides the psi, hence the “need” for more power.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you don’t need 2500 psi, what made me ask that is the undercarriage attachment with 3 (or more) nozzles on it that divides the psi, hence the “need” for more power.

same answer. don't need 2500 psi to have it work adequately

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this has been beat to death....but not officially as it has not appeared as a numbered question. So what is the necessary items I need to tackle a Maine Winter with all the salt crap on the road? A pressure washer and long soft brush is a must along with???? I have the necessary cleaning/drying towels and assorted cleaning solvents. So what can I put together for no more than about a Grand?

That 4 head multi-sprayer is all and good for some of the undercarriage but you need more than that for other hard to reach places (wheel wells in particular). Detailers trick- add one of these angled spray heads to end of your trigger/wand. Takes a lot of the pain/strain of getting in all the nooks n crannies.

https://www.snowjoe.com/products/sun-joe-quick-connect-0-90-degree-rotating-wand-head-attachment

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KT6MDY1/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t want to start a raging debate, and I know there are higher end units out there, so I’ll make a case for a “low rent” unit since it’s so very budget friendly; I’ve been extremely satisfied with my Sun Joe SPX3000. It’s the best selling elec pressure washer out there by far and for good reason (at least for the price). Despite thousands of reviews, it still has pretty impressive rating at 4.4 with over 21K ratings on Amazon.

I certainly could have afforded more (and have a separate Honda gas pressure washer), but wanted something easy, with plenty of options that I could beat up. This fits the bill. I find myself using it for most of the stuff I used to break the big dog Honda out for too. There are conversion pieces which you can get to adapt to fit any standard fittings.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any electric power washers out there that are 2500 psi+? I don’t like gas powered ones for washing cars when more then 1/2 the time is spent on wash mitt duty as the noisy powers washer runs, hence my preferred electric one that turns on/off when you squeeze the trigger.

I was in this boat myself a few years back. I got a Wal-Mart Karcher that I like fine for cars but it’s GPM is kinda low and it shows. Works great for the foam cannon and pre rinse but not a whole lot of “volume”.

It’s hard to find a decently priced heavier duty electric unit.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a greenworks one from amazon. Does my deck and washes my truck fine. Forget if it is 1900 or 2100 psi. I know over 2000 is murder on a composite deck.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Obsessedgarage.com has everything you need. I have a Kranzle. A bit over a grand but can’t be beat.

as for the under carriage sprayer, I have 2 different ones and never use them. PIA and they aren’t very powerful. I’ll take pics of them when I get home.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, I’ve gone the budget route and am perfectly happy. For example, this foam cannon puts out copious amount of foam...can’t imagine it working better, and less than 20 bucks and the reviews are very good:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9ZD18T/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

And you don’t need dedicated foam soap. This review by a reputable detailer shows the Adams Car Wash Shampoo works equally as well as any of the dedicated foamers: