Question #24: Best cleaning set up for under $1000?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this has been beat to death....but not officially as it has not appeared as a numbered question. So what is the necessary items I need to tackle a Maine Winter with all the salt crap on the road? A pressure washer and long soft brush is a must along with???? I have the necessary cleaning/drying towels and assorted cleaning solvents. So what can I put together for no more than about a Grand?

TrewRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adams just came out with their pressure washing system. Might be pricey.
I got a "Karcher" from Costco like 10 years ago. Has an awesome Honda Engine, I have changed the hoses and tips but the system is still strong. I just bought the stub nose handle from Adams for my canon and that's nice having something compact.
A good step bench helps too. I used mine yesterday for the first time and it helped for the roof and windshield.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Save yourself the money on drying towels and buy a good Stihl backpack blower instead. It’ll take the leaves off your lawn and the water off your truck and if you take care of it you’ll never buy another one again.

Find a good local touch less wash with an underbody spray for the winter months. Spray your undercarriage beforehand with an anti-corrosive.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any electric power washers out there that are 2500 psi+? I don’t like gas powered ones for washing cars when more then 1/2 the time is spent on wash mitt duty as the noisy powers washer runs, hence my preferred electric one that turns on/off when you squeeze the trigger.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any electric power washers out there that are 2500 psi+? I don’t like gas powered ones for washing cars when more then 1/2 the time is spent on wash mitt duty as the noisy powers washer runs, hence my preferred electric one that turns on/off when you squeeze the trigger.

no. and you don't need 2500psi to wash a truck......at all.

A grand?

You can have everything you really need for $300 or less