Question #21: New exhaust system???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like @smurfslayer I went with the AWE 2FG H-pipe. I'm a big fan of mine, like he said, you'll get a few more DBs in the truck and when the truck inexplicably shifts to 10th @42mph on normal mode it will drone a bit.

That's the only downside to it, put the truck in sport mode and goose it and the H pipe will crackle and gives a nice bass-ey tone. In Baja mode it'll even crackle and backfire on hard downshifts. It satisfies my inner child without being obnoxious when I don't want to be.

I've heard the Borla ATAK in person next to mine and the X pipe just ends up sounding like a Civic IMO.

If you're on the fence buy a used one on here and try it for a few weeks. It's an easy install for the resonator delete so it'd be easy enough to change back.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe like a bunch of angry bee`s ? My neighbors GMC with the 6.2 has pipes out the back that look like you would slide a slice of pizza in to warm it up, and I swear that I hear it when it starts and then it so quiet. It has 420 hp but way too quiet. My wife calls it a Gentleman's truck especially with the surfboards on the side. He is changing them out and it is a nice looking truck the only thing he wishes it had was the cargo ster that the 2500 series has

I traded in my 2019 6.2L GMC AT4 for my 2020 Raptor. It sounded great on startup, but you couldn't even hear it after it warmed up. I had the factory performance exhaust and CAI too. 6.2L is false advertising. The thing hardly ever ran on all 8 cylinders. The ride felt more "Floaty" than the Raptor.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
911Crazy, save your money or spend it on an intercooler & tuner upgrade instead, with the SPD turbo adapters......and yes, you'll want a CAI. I really like my S&B.

I have the MBRP Street exhaust, and now wish I would have waited to spend that money on the intercooler instead. From what I've heard from numerous folks on here and the internet, the exhaust provides you minimal to no performance improvement at all on this truck.

On sound, my wife has a Yukon Denali 4x4 with the 6.2L V8, a CAI, and the Borla exhaust which sounds so damn good; HOWEVER, she constantly reminds me of how much better her truck sounds than my whiny lawnmower motor..... o_Oo_Oo_O My MBRP has one of the deepest sounds I've heard on about 4 Gen 2's I've heard with an exhaust here in Houston and in Dallas, BUT it in no way compares to a V8 sound.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
911Crazy, save your money or spend it on an intercooler & tuner upgrade instead, with the SPD turbo adapters......and yes, you'll want a CAI. I really like my S&B.

I have the MBRP Street exhaust, and now wish I would have waited to spend that money on the intercooler instead. From what I've heard from numerous folks on here and the internet, the exhaust provides you minimal to no performance improvement at all on this truck.

On sound, my wife has a Yukon Denali 4x4 with the 6.2L V8, a CAI, and the Borla exhaust which sounds so damn good; HOWEVER, she constantly reminds me of how much better her truck sounds than my whiny lawnmower motor..... o_Oo_Oo_O My MBRP has one of the deepest sounds I've heard on about 4 Gen 2's I've heard with an exhaust here in Houston and in Dallas, BUT it in no way compares to a V8 sound.
Willie, talk to me about the exhaust on the denali. 911 can handle a little sidetrack now and again. Is it cat back or entire system? Might make me want to drive the wife's esky a little more. Sound is the only thing it has over the raptor.