Question #21: New exhaust system???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my guy in Chesapeake says my new truck exhaust sounds like a "100hp 4cyl. diesel with 4 mufflers on it". So I know there are threads ad nauseum about exhausts but my question is about the warranty. What "could" a different exhaust system do to cause problems and might void my warranty?

Also, if anything new....what do you recommend? And I'd say a new CAI would probably be needed?

Maybe use Forscan to send the engine noise from the cab to a set of Kicker marine speakers out the back, big amp too!

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a Ford Performance which is made by Borla, or Corsa Performance, which Borla waited for their patents to expire and then promptly stole their design.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Ford Performance Exhaust. My dealer reports that it’s covered through Ford. Now, is that the total truth, who knows.
Do you notice a difference in sound and/or performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The added noise will make it faster on the butt dyno, but it will sound like arse.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford does offer a performance exhaust, not sure who makes it but if they offer it, should putting on any other manufacture`s cause warranty issues?

Should be no warranty issues. Ford Performance actually includes a separate warranty from the factory one in the event of an issue with either the exhaust itself or a vehicle issue attributed to the exhaust.

pretty sure borla makes the ford performance exhaust

Correct. Ford Performance worked with Borla to develop the Ford Performance exhaust, so it's Ford specific but Borla is the supplier.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The FB Sport is the exhaust the Raptor should have come with - a bit louder, deeper and more growl but still civilized and zero drone. I like mine a lot.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing a new exhaust will do for you is lighten your wallet. It's never gonna sound like a V8.
A new exhaust will just make the ****** sound a louder ****** sound. Turn up the stereo.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm obviously in the minority, but I think it sounds fine stock. You just have to get it out of your head that it needs to/should sound like a V8. I like the V8 sound, but I also think a lot of other engines sound good too. A wailing 1000cc sport bike sounds bad ass, I think my air-cooled 911 sounded awesome, a wound out 125cc 2 stroke sounds good to my ears, I loved my 300 hp outboard when it was maxed out on a tunnel hull that I had. My one bike had a 650cc single cylinder, I thought that sounded amazing with the right open exhaust.

The Raptor sounds like a turbo V6, which I think is good. I don't expect it to sound like something else, just like I didn't expect my 911 to sound like a V8. I think it's cool that it has a pretty unique sound when I blast by someone. :pimp:

Last edited:

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm obviously in the minority, but I think it sounds fine stock. You just have to get it out of your head that it needs to/should sound like a V8. I like the V8 sound, but I also think a wailing 1000cc sport bike sounds good, I think my air-cooled 911 sounded awesome, a wound out 125cc 2 stroke sounds good to my ears, I loved my 300 hp outboard when it was maxed out on a tunnel hull that I had. My one bike had a 650cc single cylinder, I thought that sounded amazing with the right open exhaust.

The Raptor sounds like a turbo V6, which I think is fine. I don't expect it to sound like something else, just like I didn't expect my 911 to sound like a V8. :boobs:

Agreed 10000%.