Question #2: What color do I bring home?

What color should Crazy choose?

• 1) Velocity Blue

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • 2) Leadfoot

Votes: 41 39.8%
  • 3) Other....state below and why

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • 4) OP should buy a Subaru

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • 5) I think I'll have another drink

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • 6) Trump 2020, Yeah baby!

Votes: 25 24.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barnesy

Reaction score
Talking to a few. Feeling out their deals.

for what it’s worth I called on a few trucks before buying mine in Watseka Illinois. They matched a deal from up in Wisconsin. If I find the name of the dealer I will send it to you. Long story short they knocked over $6,000 off the price. Ended up $1100 under invoice. I felt really good about the deal since my local dealer wouldn’t touch discounting a raptor.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for what it’s worth I called on a few trucks before buying mine in Watseka Illinois. They matched a deal from up in Wisconsin. If I find the name of the dealer I will send it to you. Long story short they knocked over $6,000 off the price. Ended up $1100 under invoice. I felt really good about the deal since my local dealer wouldn’t touch discounting a raptor.

That would be a deal I could live with. Was it on the lot or did you order it?

Barnesy

Reaction score
That would be a deal I could live with. Was it on the lot or did you order it?
It was on the lot. I spent a lot of time on the internet and narrowed it down to two trucks with the options and color I wanted. Then called both places and let them know I was willing to drive or fly for the right deal. They were willing to pick me up at the airport if I flew. Sales have been down with all this craziness in the world and they wanted to make something happen. Had Watseka not matched the deal I would have driven to Wisconsin.

Attachments

• PurchaseProposal.pdf
    15.1 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was on the lot. I spent a lot of time on the internet and narrowed it down to two trucks with the options and color I wanted. Then called both places and let them know I was willing to drive or fly for the right deal. They were willing to pick me up at the airport if I flew. Sales have been down with all this craziness in the world and they wanted to make something happen. Had Watseka not matched the deal I would have driven to Wisconsin.

Thanks for the info. I take it that it was pretty loaded. Looks like a great deal.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never owned a blue vehicle before and, like you, my favorite color is blue. So I have a VB Raptor now as my choices were VB and silver at the time. If leadfoot had been in the mix, that's what I would have. But VB is an awesome color but it likes to show chips and scratches. I never EVER see blue Raptors...it's always magnetic, white or black.

I think they need a Tonka edition in that famous yellow Tonka paint.

Last edited:
OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Announcement tonight. We will announce the winner. Get your votes in!

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never owned a blue vehicle before and, like you, my favorite color is blue. So I have a VB Raptor now as my choices were VB and silver at the time. If leadfoot had been in the mix, that's what I would have. But VB is an awesome color but it likes to show chips and scratches. I never EVER see blue Raptors...it's always magnetic, white or black.

I think they need a Tonka edition in that famous yellow Tonka paint.
I’d definitely be onboard with yellow. By far my favorite color. Audi used to have a yellow that was tinted a little bit towards tennis ball green. Man that would look great with all the black stuff on a raptor.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now listen, Mama just got a $60k Escalade Platinum with 10k miles. And after Rappy comes home, she's getting a convertible Mustang (and you know car guys can't settle for just a regular model.....a used Shelby for sure!), so she needs to pipe down and mind her P's and Q's......whatever that means?!?!

Current generation Shelby Mustang does not come in a convertible, so she will have to settle for a GT 5.0 Premium. I prefer the coupe, so it was not an issue when I bought mine. Also, 2020 will be the last year for GT350, so there might not be another manual/V8 Shelby for a long time.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm a little confused? How is that under invoice? It looks like they knocked $6+K off the msrp, which is nice, but I don't get where it's under invoice? Invoice is the dealer's break even point. What they paid for the truck from Ford. Under invoice and they're losing money on the vehicle, whatever it is truck or car. Just curious, looking myself.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a little confused? How is that under invoice? It looks like they knocked $6+K off the msrp, which is nice, but I don't get where it's under invoice? Invoice is the dealer's break even point. What they paid for the truck from Ford. Under invoice and they're losing money on the vehicle, whatever it is truck or car. Just curious, looking myself.
There is also dealer holdback and dealer cash incentives, so the dealer usually gets the vehicle for under invoice.