Question #17: Bedrug and Bedside rack system issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This brings up a very important point: the tailgate of the Raptor, like pretty much all trucks seals horribly. If you’re wanting to keep out dust, rain, snow, debris, you pretty much have to seal it with aftermarket product such as the ESI or other sealer. I agree, to put a bed rug in without a tailgate sealer would be pretty stupid (particularly for only 22bucks). I assume everyone with a bedrug has a tonneau. Unless your tonneau is a POS, the limiting factor in the seal of your bed will almost always be the tailgate. Here’s what I have and it works well but there are several other inexpensive products out there:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IPQWXZQ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Ps...if you look closely in the pic above on my previous post (3 posts up), you can see the ESI tailgate sealer.
Speaking of tailgate protection, what do they make to protect the exposed paint on the bottom of the tailgate if you don’t have the bed rug?

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of tailgate protection, what do they make to protect the exposed paint on the bottom of the tailgate if you don’t have the bed rug?

Not sure I know exactly what you mean? The bottom of tailgate which opposes the end of the bed which you can’t see when you close the tailgate? Or the actual tailgate itself (the painted or line-x portion depending on what u got) which is part of the bed wall when closed? If the latter, a line-x like product should protect it fine. I never researched if anyone made a “mat” or “rug” to stick/adhere to the tailgate but there might be something out there. I wanted something to fill the gap too so options were basically Rok Block or Gap Shield type product or the BedRug which covers the gap.

What are you trying to accomplish and maybe we forum members can help? How are you planning to use your bed (most important question!)? Are you opposed to the bed rug? Do you want gap protection? Do you want the tailgate sealed from elements? Do you have line-x type bed protection already?

And 911, yep, that’s it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. But it's junk. I warned you.
So who would you use if buying again? Sorry if you have already said. I hate these damn small phones with less than 13” screens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk