Question #17: Bedrug and Bedside rack system issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you can install the Built Right Industries bedside rack system over a Bedbug? Otherwise can go with the Bedbug that doesn't go up the sides.

Also, does anyone know if the Bedbug comes with cut outs for the gate step?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you can install the Built Right Industries bedside rack system over a Bedbug? Otherwise can go with the Bedbug that doesn't go up the sides.

Also, does anyone know if the Bedbug comes with cut outs for the gate step?

I've got the Bedmat, my truck came with a spray-in bedliner, so I didn't need to go up the sides. I've got a tailgate step and there's no interference. I don't see how there could be or where a cut out might go. You might shop alternatives, Bedrug quality isn't what it used to be. I was really disappointed in the switch to cheap-ass, more air than foam, backing and so thin you can see through it carpet. Night and day difference between the new one and the old one.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got the Bedmat, my truck came with a spray-in bedliner, so I didn't need to go up the sides. I've got a tailgate step and there's no interference. I don't see how there could be or where a cut out might go. You might shop alternatives, Bedrug quality isn't what it used to be. I was really disappointed in the switch to cheap-ass, more air than foam, backing and so thin you can see through it carpet. Night and day difference between the new one and the old one.

Does yours cover the rear gate?

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the step is in the end of the tailgate.

That's right. No worries then. Remember, I've barely been around one of these let alone dropped the tailgate to see how it works.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So what is a good alternative?