GEN 2 Quality black lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rappie

Reaction score
Does anyone run black lug nuts on their ride? I’m looking for a set of black lug nuts that are very resistant to fading, chipping, rusting,etc. I run aftermarket wheels so they would have to be the spline type. Your help is much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use McGuards on my CTSV. Can find them on Amazon.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep Gorilla... work very well, and solid, unlike the semi-hollow crap factory lug nuts.

edit: just saw the spline/“tuner” requirement. Not sure Gorilla makes those, but believe they do.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used black lug nuts for several years. I opt for Gorilla Black lugs (Available on Amazon). IMO, the key to keeping them looking good is to never use an impact to remove or install them, otherwise they will get beat up.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have used black lug nuts for several years. I opt for Gorilla Black lugs (Available on Amazon). IMO, the key to keeping them looking good is to never use an impact to remove or install them, otherwise they will get beat up.

This, Gorilla or not the black is a much more fragile coating than chrome. No impact and you should be good. I impact mine and replace them roughly once a year.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a dude out of Michigan that makes custom lugs, I think they are Ti? I'll try and get more info I follow him on IG but forgot who it was.

Greg Beall

Reaction score
Merry Christmas! I’m using gorilla black Lugnuts, they also make a sleeve that fits over the Lugnuts so that when you remove/install them it doesn’t scratch or nick them at all. The sleeves are only seven bucks and worth every penny. The sleeves also fit into your socket tool as well.