Putting 35's on a 37PP truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silver isn’t my thing and instead of buying CO, I wish I got black. I would have murdered it out with a stealth PPF. Having said that, I like the way the lights change the front look. Regardless, I was at a dealer yesterday and salesman that sold me the 37, said his dealership sold 8 …37’s and 22….35’s last year. He told me about half the people whom bought the 37, wish they got 35 instead.
That’s interesting to hear. I just really prefer the wheels and stance of a 37

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s interesting to hear. I just really prefer the wheels and stance of a 37
The other half wished they would've bought a Prius...lol. Statements like that are just simply gossip that has no purpose. There are many reasons someone might say that, but without a reason it means nothing.

Some will say they could've saved money buying a 35, while others might say they should've bought an XLT to save money. The reasons could go on forever.

I won't knock anyone for wanting or buying a 35, but I have no regrets moving from my 35 to my 37.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See nothing wrong with this, as I'll likely do the same when the 37s wear out. Still glad I have the 37 - like the wheels better also, but the option to go the other way is there. Can you put 37s on a 35 truck? Sure, but it'll have some compromises, impact resale, etc. When it comes time to sell, you probably want to put 37s back on.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other half wished they would've bought a Prius...lol. Statements like that are just simply gossip that has no purpose. There are many reasons someone might say that, but without a reason it means nothing.

Some will say they could've saved money buying a 35, while others might say they should've bought an XLT to save money. The reasons could go on forever.

I won't knock anyone for wanting or buying a 35, but I have no regrets moving from my 35 to my 37.
True, I’ve only put a few miles on a 37 but didn’t notice any measurable negatives to it other than a tad less responsive due to the bigger tires while using the same gearing.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The reasons I wish I would have purchased a 35 are;
At high speed on freeway a 35 handles much better.
A 37 is almost 4” higher at the tailgate…I expected 2”
A 37 is slightly more difficult to park
The 37 is significantly more difficult to do low speed maneuvers.

Maybe minor stuff, but still stuff. I honestly do not know the additional cost of a 37, but I assume it was at least 5k.

The only thing a 37 does slightly better is it handles bumps. Yes, some think it is more imposing, but so is a big rig.

Do I like the 37…..of course, just not as much as my 2019 Raptor. I even like the Sync 3 better as well as the steering wheel button locations. I still own both and I’ve done side by side immediate comparisons.

I was an EVOC Instructor at a major police academy and for the heck of it, I brought both to the skid pan, high speed track and slow cone course. Huge difference all the way around.
Probably the two things I like better on the 37 is, the exhaust noise control and infotainment screen.

My two cents!

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reasons I wish I would have purchased a 35 are;
At high speed on freeway a 35 handles much better.
A 37 is almost 4” higher at the tailgate…I expected 2”
A 37 is slightly more difficult to park
The 37 is significantly more difficult to do low speed maneuvers.

Maybe minor stuff, but still stuff. I honestly do not know the additional cost of a 37, but I assume it was at least 5k.

The only thing a 37 does slightly better is it handles bumps. Yes, some think it is more imposing, but so is a big rig.

Do I like the 37…..of course, just not as much as my 2019 Raptor. I even like the Sync 3 better as well as the steering wheel button locations. I still own both and I’ve done side by side immediate comparisons.

I was an EVOC Instructor at a major police academy and for the heck of it, I brought both to the skid pan, high speed track and slow cone course. Huge difference all the way around.
Probably the two things I like better on the 37 is, the exhaust noise control and infotainment screen.

My two cents!
I’m surprised at the 4” height difference as the 37 truck measured less than an inch higher on the roof mounted antennas vs my 35. Unless your 19 rear suspension is clapped out? ‍♂️

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised at the 4” height difference as the 37 truck measured less than an inch higher on the roof mounted antennas vs my 35. Unless your 19 rear suspension is clapped out? ‍♂️
No, it is a stock 2019. I measured it as close as I could and both trucks were on visually level ground, tailgate to tailgate.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, it is a stock 2019. I measured it as close as I could and both trucks were on visually level ground, tailgate to tailgate.
Do we know that the body dimensions are the same? Gen 1’s have a “deeper” bed than a gen 2. Is the bed depth the same from 2 to 3?

You should only be getting 1” from the tire size increase from “35” to 37