Put a deposit on incoming unit...!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you. I am roughly customer #30 for a 2022 Raptor at MSRP + sales tax + DMV fees.

I have never paid a penny over MSRP for any vehicle. The waiting game began at the beginning of the month. Summer 2022 delivery is my best guess.
Good for you. I refuse to pay over MSRP as well, as I just don't feel it's the right way for dealers to operate. I understand why they do it, but it doesn't mean that I agree with it. My Lincoln store has never sold a vehicle above MSRP, so I know that are other dealers out there that operate with the same principles.

If this deal falls through, I have a dealer who will order a '22 at MSRP...

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also didn’t want the hassle and extra transportation expenses that are involved when ordering from an out of state dealership.

ljohnson38

Reaction score
Yes. I am roughly customer #30 on my dealerships 2022 Raptor wait list.
Quick question...how are you customer number 30? I sold my 2020 Raptor and placed an order for a 2021 back at the end of July (which was cancelled by Ford two weeks ago). Anyway, I went in today (Sept. 15th, when I was told the 2022 order banks would be open) and tried to place another order for a 2022 and the order bank was not open yet (11:00am), the GM even called the Ford rep when I was in his office and he didn't know when it would be available, he said check back tomorrow. Did you place an actual order for a 2022? If so, please tell me how so I can teach my dealer. :)

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple. The dealership has a 2022 waiting list. 29 2022 Raptor buyers are ahead of me on the interest list. Once 2022 Raptor order banks open up the orders will be placed as dealership allocations become available.

ChuHi

Reaction score
Did you just cold call random dealers in the area or did you look up on a website which dealerships have raptors coming in? I'm trying to find a white one at MSRP, but every dealership i call on autotrader with an ad is selling for 20k over.

I have been calling up to 1500 miles away too.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Quick question...how are you customer number 30? I sold my 2020 Raptor and placed an order for a 2021 back at the end of July (which was cancelled by Ford two weeks ago). Anyway, I went in today (Sept. 15th, when I was told the 2022 order banks would be open) and tried to place another order for a 2022 and the order bank was not open yet (11:00am), the GM even called the Ford rep when I was in his office and he didn't know when it would be available, he said check back tomorrow. Did you place an actual order for a 2022? If so, please tell me how so I can teach my dealer. :)
Here’s a better question. Is this a high volume Raptor dealer? Sitting at #30, you may want to get on a few more waiting lists…like asap!

OP
OP
V

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you just cold call random dealers in the area or did you look up on a website which dealerships have raptors coming in? I'm trying to find a white one at MSRP, but every dealership i call on autotrader with an ad is selling for 20k over.

I have been calling up to 1500 miles away too.
I cold called dealer after dealer. I see that you're in Washington, so you're all kinds of far away. I can tell you that there's a White one at a dealer (as of Monday) not too far from me (here in north Texas), but they were firm at $5k over. I can point you in that direction if you wish, but I won't post it here as I don't want to create competition for you. They are definitely firm on price - I couldn't get them to budge.

As for searching, your best bet is to use the locator tool on Ford's website. You can actually search up to 200 miles from any zip code at once.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I cold called dealer after dealer. I see that you're in Washington, so you're all kinds of far away. I can tell you that there's a White one at a dealer (as of Monday) not too far from me (here in north Texas), but they were firm at $5k over. I can point you in that direction if you wish, but I won't post it here as I don't want to create competition for you. They are definitely firm on price - I couldn't get them to budge.

As for searching, your best bet is to use the locator tool on Ford's website. You can actually search up to 200 miles from any zip code at once.
Actually you can search up to 500 miles on Ford’s site. Do an initial search of 100 miles (Ford’s limit), click on the url & change 100 to 500…done.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many Raptors does your dealer get? I'm #1 on the list at my dealership, gave them a deposit 2 months ago.

OP
OP
V

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually you can search up to 500 miles on Ford’s site. Do an initial search of 100 miles (Ford’s limit), click on the url & change 100 to 500…done.
I tried that, but it never gave me results out beyond 200 miles, even when I put 500 in... The website recognizes the 500 mile range, but I never got those results. But to your point, you're certainly not limited to the 100 mile range the tool indicates!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts