Put a deposit on incoming unit...!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called around for a bit, and I finally found a dealer that has a Black Raptor in transit that will sell for MSRP. It's a 35" 801a with Carbon Fiber and a moonroof (not terribly happy about that), but seeing as how I won't have to wait 32 more years for a 2022 or pay a ridiculous ADM, I can't complain. The truck was invoiced on 8/5, so it should arrive any day! Hopefully they don't try to play any games with me when the truck arrives.

In full disclosure, I actually found 3 small town dealers that were willing to sell their Raptors at MSRP - unfortunately the first 2 dealers sold theirs in the days that preceded my call. If you are patient, willing to drive a few hours, and aren't married to a particular build, you should be able to find a reasonable deal - except on a 37" - good luck with that!

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called around for a bit, and I finally found a dealer that has a Black Raptor in transit that will sell for MSRP. It's a 35" 801a with Carbon Fiber and a moonroof (not terribly happy about that), but seeing as how I won't have to wait 32 more years for a 2022 or pay a ridiculous ADM, I can't complain. The truck was invoiced on 8/5, so it should arrive any day! Hopefully they don't try to play any games with me when the truck arrives.

In full disclosure, I actually found 3 small town dealers that were willing to sell their Raptors at MSRP - unfortunately the first 2 dealers sold theirs in the days that preceded my call. If you are patient, willing to drive a few hours, and aren't married to a particular build, you should be able to find a reasonable deal - except on a 37" - good luck with that!
Time to update that user name....

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Keep us posted if your dealer decides to play any last minute pricing shenanigans. Don't count your chickens quite yet!

OP
OP
V

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to update that user name....
Probably... LOL. That's the username I chose when I bought a GTO back in 2006, and I just use it on every forum now - for consistency's sake. I actually had a 2020 Raptor (no Priuses here) but sold that when values went stupid crazy in the spring. I've just been waiting to either scoop up a '21 or order a '22... We shall see what happens.

OP
OP
V

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Keep us posted if your dealer decides to play any last minute pricing shenanigans. Don't count your chickens quite yet!
Thanks! Let's not pretend like dealers truly care about anyone, but I hope they don't try anything silly. I am a Ford employee (technically - I work for a stand alone Lincoln store), and they are well aware of that. I intend to at least have a buyer's order signed by both parties before going to get the truck. But yeah, I have no chickens and no eggs to count yet.

Part of the purpose of my post was to encourage people to exercise some level of patience and call around. There are plenty of dealers asking $15-25k over MSRP, but I found several, pretty easily, that had markups of less than $10k. I joked that every call I made was worth a grand - the first dealer was $30k over (what an absolute joke), and I finally settled at MSRP.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Shhh....don't tell many here you paid MSRP they think that's impossible lol. Good for you calling around and as you found there are dealers selling MSRP, but you've got to work at it a little. Many don't want to do that so think it's impossible. Welcome to the MSRP club.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you. I am roughly customer #30 for a 2022 Raptor at MSRP + sales tax + DMV fees.

I have never paid a penny over MSRP for any vehicle. The waiting game began at the beginning of the month. Summer 2022 delivery is my best guess.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you. I am roughly customer #30 for a 2022 Raptor at MSRP + sales tax + DMV fees.

I have never paid a penny over MSRP for any vehicle. The waiting game began at the beginning of the month. Summer 2022 delivery is my best guess.
I like your optimism for summer 2022. That’s what I’m hoping for. On the list for a 22 as well. Dealer only sells at MSRP. Have never added on ADM on vehicles and never will. All of their 21 orders rolled over to 22, so who knows how long I’ll have to wait