Pushing stock internals, where's the limit? Calling E tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JaBoogedy

Reaction score
Hey Everybody! I'm over here with my peasant F150, but all you raptor boys have more E tunes and big turbos.

I recently got my E85 tune(after multiple other E blend tunes) from MPT, who are awesome by the way. But I'm starting to get up there in power and am wondering where the limit is and how comfortable I can feel. I'm pushing up to 2.3 load, and my lb per min must be upper 50's. I feel like these motors are extremely stout, but what would you feel comfortable with on your daily?

I figured it would be great to also get those with E tunes to chime in..What tune and tuner do you have, how long and how many miles have you had it, any timeslips, dragys, dynos? and finally, any issues?

Who here has blown their motor? hopefully nobody?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I think you’ll find better info and more people pushing these motors in the f150/street truck community. Most Raptors are only stage 1 or 2, with the max typically being full bolt on stage 2 on e85. I’ve only seen a couple Raptors with turbo swaps but honestly even the upgraded turbos aren’t that big.

With that said I think for a dd, 500-600hp is likely safe on the stock block assuming adequate cooling and a good tune/tuner. Personally I think these motors could probably support 800whp or so, but I have yet to see it.

Quiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a lot of bolt-ons - nothing internal - Cobb tuner telling mt 721hp and 637 lb-ft. It seemed pretty accurate when I was only stock, and then as I have added the mods over time.

I've posted a couple of manuals on the Garrett GT2260s turbo swaps and the fuel upgrades.

Here's a video of a walk through of the truck -

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I've done a lot of bolt-ons - nothing internal - Cobb tuner telling mt 721hp and 637 lb-ft. It seemed pretty accurate when I was only stock, and then as I have added the mods over time.

I've posted a couple of manuals on the Garrett GT2260s turbo swaps and the fuel upgrades.

Here's a video of a walk through of the truck -
Very nice.