Push Start install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

ASars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The aux Console only came with the AUX switches no buttons. My project is based on a 2012 F-150 FX4 as I needed a longer bed. So I don't have hill decent. For a truck will hill decent you could get a radio bezel from a regular F-150 they have additional buttons above the radio

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
The aux Console only came with the AUX switches no buttons. My project is based on a 2012 F-150 FX4 as I needed a longer bed. So I don't have hill decent. For a truck will hill decent you could get a radio bezel from a regular F-150 they have additional buttons above the radio

Gotcha, I must have missed that little detail in your post. Thanks man!

OP
OP
A

ASars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good. There's deff a few options for hill decent equipped trucks personally if I had hill decent I would have used the above the radio location I like going for the clean OEM look when possible

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Duck mode. Quack quack. Squint your eyes a bit and you'll see it.

TU8qzNVBmlbSANfg8MvlU-fgMdKgWR_Qwkb1xUJm-ch8K-iOby.jpg

I've seen it done on Mustangs- first time on an F150.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i like the little spot to the right of the steering wheel. it has some holes like a vent or bluetooth speaker? whatever it is wouldnt be too hard to move and just place it in a good location to compare the key location too.

if the truck came factory with a push button start i would love it, having an aftermarket system integrated into the chips of todays keys are just something i dont want to mess with.

but i do so love some push button start.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
i like the little spot to the right of the steering wheel. it has some holes like a vent or bluetooth speaker? whatever it is wouldnt be too hard to move and just place it in a good location to compare the key location too.

if the truck came factory with a push button start i would love it, having an aftermarket system integrated into the chips of todays keys are just something i dont want to mess with.

but i do so love some push button start.

That's where the cabin temp sensor is. People were wanting to put their pedal commanders over those and advised it's not a good idea.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Duck mode. Quack quack. Squint your eyes a bit and you'll see it.

TU8qzNVBmlbSANfg8MvlU-fgMdKgWR_Qwkb1xUJm-ch8K-iOby.jpg

I've seen it done on Mustangs- first time on an F150.

You really have to squint, but I saw it :rofl:

OP
OP
A

ASars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a post in the general section but want to double tap on here. any one know the wire pig tail number for the off road button. I'm working on wiring up a momentary relay to use the button for another function but i can't find the pig tail number.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's where the cabin temp sensor is. People were wanting to put their pedal commanders over those and advised it's not a good idea.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

You really have to squint, but I saw it :rofl:

you can relocate that sensor though.

OP
OP
A

ASars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pig tail came in and works.
it is:
WPT-923
8U2Z-14S411-XA

stevelp99

Reaction score
I wish the raptor came with this setup. Love the placement of the start button. It would be sweet if you could replace the start button cover with the one from the GT350.

How has the reliability of this system been?