Purchasing a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of all the supercharger kits to get, a roush truck is the one to buy as Ford supported them from the factory and they tend to be the most reliable

Roush models are entirely aftermarket. No Raptor left the plant with Roush modifications installed.

OP
OP
The_Pop

The_Pop

Reaction score

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a Gen 1 raptor, a little sooner than planned, rolled my pickup on a icy road. Been looking at a few and found one and looking for some input.

https://www.alloutdiesels.com/vdp/1...45-SVT-Raptor-for-sale-in-Cleveland--OH-44119

Found this Gen 1 supercharged, ask the dealer if they had any info the supercharger, custom tune, installation date, and etc, no info.

Been reading on the engine, the 6.2 from what I know, can handle it fine and can run up into 200,000 to 300,000 with limited issues.

What’s your guys input on the purchase?
One way or another, looking at having a Gen 1 in the next week or so. The accident on the ice, first time in a accident and no injuries besides spilling my coffee.

I say buy it then then sell me the bumper! :D

Or we can swap and you can have my ADD Race Series R.

update: I just looked at all of the photos.. I can't believe this truck has all Baja Coyote bumpers and rockguard/ side steps!! that is RARE since those guys have been gone for years. super high quality stuff right there.

Last edited:

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of all the supercharger kits to get, a roush truck is the one to buy as Ford supported them from the factory and they tend to be the most reliable

Correct - Ford supported the Roush trucks with warranty. Again, this Roush package was dealer installed by "Roush" certified Ford dealers. This was very attractive (even with the pricing) since you did get all the performance AND a warranty.

This is a good buy, and you will get many more miles out of it. Like said before, just have to make sure you know the status of the shocks (they would have definitely needed a rebuild during that 92k miles), look into the fuse 27 relocation kit (see if it has it already), and check out the power steering for burned fluid/leaks. These 10-14 trucks really don't have any other issues. They are really great raptors and they are SVT:cool:

OP
OP
The_Pop

The_Pop

Reaction score
Correct - Ford supported the Roush trucks with warranty. Again, this Roush package was dealer installed by "Roush" certified Ford dealers. This was very attractive (even with the pricing) since you did get all the performance AND a warranty.

This is a good buy, and you will get many more miles out of it. Like said before, just have to make sure you know the status of the shocks (they would have definitely needed a rebuild during that 92k miles), look into the fuse 27 relocation kit (see if it has it already), and check out the power steering for burned fluid/leaks. These 10-14 trucks really don't have any other issues. They are really great raptors and they are SVT:cool:

I've already contacted Roush to verify that it was "factory" install, it was done by a certified Roush dealer. Been seeing a lot of the Fuse 27 issues, have look into that kit.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already contacted Roush to verify that it was "factory" install, it was done by a certified Roush dealer. Been seeing a lot of the Fuse 27 issues, have look into that kit.

I guess the term "factory install" is misleading. The factory never installed Roush kits. However, it is a Ford certified Roush kit that was Ford/Roush authorized dealer installed so that it had the warranty. Roush provided the kit to the dealer with a number, and the dealer tagged it to your VIN - that is why/how Roush has the record of this. You will have a very nice truck, and these gen 1 trucks are really holding their value.
Here is the info on fuse 27 and the kit you can get. It is a must do for peace of mind. Who knows, someone may have already done it on this truck.

OP
OP
The_Pop

The_Pop

Reaction score
I guess the term "factory install" is misleading. The factory never installed Roush kits. However, it is a Ford certified Roush kit that was Ford/Roush authorized dealer installed so that it had the warranty. Roush provided the kit to the dealer with a number, and the dealer tagged it to your VIN - that is why/how Roush has the record of this. You will have a very nice truck, and these gen 1 trucks are really holding their value.
Here is the info on fuse 27 and the kit you can get. It is a must do for peace of mind. Who knows, someone may have already done it on this truck.

Been reading up on them, very comfortable doing this kind of work myself. Just seems odd this is an issue, very curious. Thanks for the vid

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Roush Raptors were not supported by Ford warranty. Roush provided their own separate 3yr/36k warranty that covered their modifications. The Ford 5yr/60k mile powertrain warranty did not cover any failures related to the Roush modifications.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right - still covered under warranty... which this is well past in this case.
Great truck, great price, and a great opportunity for the OP to get in to a reliable SVT Raptor.
Love reading these as folks are recognizing the opportunity that the Gen 1 trucks provide.