Purchasing a Gen1 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These photos are great, but anyone who knows Raptors knows that these are fluff. Show me underneath and insides.

Drive it and drive it hard. In 4H and 4L. Switch back and forth quite a few times.

Take it to a lift/mechanic you trust and check the above stated; rockers (look specifically at tape over holes - or lack thereof), look at shocks - look for signs of oil leakage, check for schrader valves if they have them and connect to them to check pressure inside shocks. Most likely shocks will need replaced now or soon. These dealers usually wash off all the signs of blown/leaking shocks.

Check brakes and pads. Take off third brake light and look for evidence of leakage - it will drain to the cab corners, causing rust from inside.

This is a start. There is more. Others will let you know what I forgot.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way prices are at the moment that’s about average for a 13 screw. The pics look good but definitely drive and get it checked out. If you do get it you will not regret. I have a 14 screw and a 10 scab and love them both. Good luck.

AnamnesisV

Reaction score
Take it for a test drive. If it’s bouncing around shocks are gone. Check PS fluid color. Basically ask them any and all questions. Key is not to spend money on it after you leave with it except on mods.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like most have been saying, you really need to pull the curtain back and look underneath and at other things you can’t see in pics. BUT if it’s as clean as it looks and as it can be for 77k miles I would DEFINITELY go for it . I paid 37,000 for my 13 SCREW 8months ago. A few imperfections but ZERO rust. Good luck

RCRaptor14

Reaction score
I have a 2014 raptor screw, black with every option. I have done some mods only really to enhance longevity of things. I have fully boxed uniball upper a arms, I have the rear frame stiffening kit with 6“ hydraulic bump stops, real ford racing beadlocks, and upgraded tie rods. I have a AFE intake and a throttle body spacer, Stewart raceworx front bumper and better color matched flared fenders and to top it off a 55” curved light bar and a pedal commander. The best part is it has under 14000 miles! I am thinking of selling it though, I only driver it every other weekend and it sits mostly. I am the original owner and have always babied this truck, is always garaged at the detriment to my other cars. Problem is I don’t know where to sell it or for how much. Any thoughts? Hell, I really don’t know if I want to let it go, love this truck! Just don’t have time to properly use it. Looking for advise.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I have a 2014 raptor screw, black with every option. I have done some mods only really to enhance longevity of things. I have fully boxed uniball upper a arms, I have the rear frame stiffening kit with 6“ hydraulic bump stops, real ford racing beadlocks, and upgraded tie rods. I have a AFE intake and a throttle body spacer, Stewart raceworx front bumper and better color matched flared fenders and to top it off a 55” curved light bar and a pedal commander. The best part is it has under 14000 miles! I am thinking of selling it though, I only driver it every other weekend and it sits mostly. I am the original owner and have always babied this truck, is always garaged at the detriment to my other cars. Problem is I don’t know where to sell it or for how much. Any thoughts? Hell, I really don’t know if I want to let it go, love this truck! Just don’t have time to properly use it. Looking for advise.

Personally, if i can afford to have it even if it sits around a bit im not selling, but mines a DD so its not going anywhere lol Im looking into getting a winter car so i can keep it nice

Go to this thread and read.