Purchase Questions / leasing possibility / reliability inquiry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarrVao777

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a Raptor, not sure when, could be as far out as July 2019. Had a couple of questions (and I'm sure more will pop up along the way)

1) what is pricing like? Do most people get the dealers to budge off MSRP? We are coming from an X5 and despite high inventory, our local dealer also had high demand and would not move off of MSRP

2) would people recommend leasing or buying? I've previously only leased cars but with the new tax law coming into effect, I am now leaning towards buying. If buying, I'm looking to hold and use the car 3-5 years. The only hesitation I have is regarding reliability

3) what has everyone's experience been with the raptor and reliability? If reliable, I feel more assured buying and using beyond the 3 year warranty period. If not, I'd feel more comfortable leasing and returning the vehicle at the conclusion of the 3 year warranty period (I've also leased a hellcat and a range Rover in the past. The hellcat surprisingly had zero issues. The range Rover was a nightmare and I'm oh so glad it was a lease and not a purchased vehicle)

Thanks in advance, looking forward to being a part of the community!

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. it all depends on where you are, most dealers on the west coast is still selling $5-20k added mark up, dealers in the mid west are more likely to deal. there's are dealer in texas offering $1500 off their in stock raptors. i went to mississippi to pick mine up, due to a dealer error i was able to get $4k off.

2. i do not think ford offers lease for the raptor, so are stuck with buying the truck. you can add the ford extended warranty afterwards through an online retailer that is fairly inexpensive, mainly depending on the deductible and also the length/mileage you want.

3. reliability, there's been cases of blown motors, the 2018's have a recall for the transmission, 2017's had a few recalls also if i remember correctly. like i mentioned above you can purchase the extended warranty to put you at ease.

OP
OP
D

DarrVao777

Reaction score
1. it all depends on where you are, most dealers on the west coast is still selling $5-20k added mark up, dealers in the mid west are more likely to deal. there's are dealer in texas offering $1500 off their in stock raptors. i went to mississippi to pick mine up, due to a dealer error i was able to get $4k off.

2. i do not think ford offers lease for the raptor, so are stuck with buying the truck. you can add the ford extended warranty afterwards through an online retailer that is fairly inexpensive, mainly depending on the deductible and also the length/mileage you want.

3. reliability, there's been cases of blown motors, the 2018's have a recall for the transmission, 2017's had a few recalls also if i remember correctly. like i mentioned above you can purchase the extended warranty to put you at ease.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm in the Southeast so hopefully prices are more reasonable here.

I guess that makes my decision easier if leasing is not an option.

Hmm, that's a bit concerning to hear about the motors but you are right, the extended warranty could be a nice option (although I typically tend to avoid those)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Flood Ford sells the extended warranties lower than any dealer I’ve seen, so price it out there first.

Plenty of salesbots come here and hawk their Raptor deals and you’re not limited to your local dealer for purchase.

Raptor4You

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a Raptor, not sure when, could be as far out as July 2019. Had a couple of questions (and I'm sure more will pop up along the way)

1) what is pricing like? Do most people get the dealers to budge off MSRP? We are coming from an X5 and despite high inventory, our local dealer also had high demand and would not move off of MSRP

2) would people recommend leasing or buying? I've previously only leased cars but with the new tax law coming into effect, I am now leaning towards buying. If buying, I'm looking to hold and use the car 3-5 years. The only hesitation I have is regarding reliability

3) what has everyone's experience been with the raptor and reliability? If reliable, I feel more assured buying and using beyond the 3 year warranty period. If not, I'd feel more comfortable leasing and returning the vehicle at the conclusion of the 3 year warranty period (I've also leased a hellcat and a range Rover in the past. The hellcat surprisingly had zero issues. The range Rover was a nightmare and I'm oh so glad it was a lease and not a purchased vehicle)

Thanks in advance, looking forward to being a part of the community!

You can purchase from me at MSRP and it will come with a Lifetime Warranty that will cover Motor, Trans, front and rear wheel drive systems for free. Well, there is a $100.00 co pay. I have 11 in stock as we speak. You can reach me at the info below.

JB
615-708-5425
[email protected]

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is there a way to check recall info on a 2018 Raptor without going through the dealer? Is there a website?